Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

concerns for tues

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well up for this,team playing well again,but my concern is!
how the hell is indigo calderon going to cope with zaha???,

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bolton want him (bad move for Zaha IMHO but who cares ?) May not be an issue. As a matter of fact, how will they deal with Buckley ?

Wait - did you not watch their match against Cardiff (who we creamed at theirs) and our match last night against a top-half Premiership side?

Zaha, for one, was so ineffectual - a total paper tiger of a player. The defender nicked the ball off him so many times I had to wonder if this was a schoolboy I was watching.
He couldn't beat his man.

We have players who can get past defenders, outstrip them for speed and send them the wrong way.
If our players have good team-work up front and we keep a discipline (should they try to rile us), then we need have no fear against the lower-half opposition cristal palace.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Wait - did you not watch their match against Cardiff (who we creamed at theirs) and our match last night against a top-half Premiership side?

Zaha, for one, was so ineffectual - a total paper tiger of a player. The defender nicked the ball off him so many times I had to wonder if this was a schoolboy I was watching.

We have players who can get past defenders, outstrip them for speed and send them the wrong way.
If our players have good team-work up front and we keep a discipline (should they try to rile us), then we need have no fear against the lower-half opposition cristal palace.

Did you watch the same game as me? Agreed that palace were an embarrassment to the championship with the way they played, but Zara always looked a threat they double manned him most of the time and he still managed to riggle free. The way to beat him is wind him up which Cardiff did in the end and then he is done

Last edited:

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

He's 18 years old ffs, I pity your kids, if you have any

Did you watch the same game as me? Agreed that palace were an embarrassment to the championship with the way they played, but Zara always looked a threat they double manned him most of the time and he still managed to riggle free. The way to beat him is wind him up which Cardiff did in the end and then he is done

He looked more form than function in my opinion.
Whenever he collected the ball he did a little body language as if to suggest "now things are going to get special", but when he didn't lay it off he simply ran the ball and the defender stuck a foot in, took it off him. That's not "scary" in my opinion, or perhaps I've seen too many good players who were able to emulate Pele a bit better than that.
I don't seem to care about his age either it seems. I don't see whay Aquilaugh thinks that the tardis will enable him to access some future skills in time for tuesday night ???

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
well up for this,team playing well again,but my concern is!
how the hell is indigo calderon going to cope with zaha???,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

empire is already muttering the tune "Zaha, Zaha will tear us apart again"

I am certain the "FFS [*player name here*]" exclamation will rear it's head again, but we'll just have to see who that refers to. Let's hope it's not the ref's name either.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Let's hope that "Indigo" doesn't feel off colour on Tuesday.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought Calderon was getting beaten and caught out of position a fair bit early in the game yesterday, but then noticed that the defence started to shift when Newcastle attacked down that side. Greer moved to right back with Caldy, dunk and el abd moved across one, and Barnes dropped into left back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here