Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer shop needed in Burgess Hill

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does anyone know if there are any computer shops in Burgess as I can't seem to find any and I need to get some compressed air. Thanks in advance.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
_wilka_ said:
There is one on the row of shops across from the top house. Can't remeber what its called though

completely pc

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
_wilka_ said:
There is one on the row of shops across from the top house. Can't remeber what its called though

Its crap though, poor selection and expensive. What are you after ? I tend to buy on the web over a certain price, try www.scan.co.uk although they do charge a minimum £10 delivery for anything. There's always PC World in Hove too.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Its crap though, poor selection and expensive. What are you after ? I tend to buy on the web over a certain price, try www.scan.co.uk although they do charge a minimum £10 delivery for anything. There's always PC World in Hove too.

i agree - they rape you in terms of prizes, and if you send someone in there who knows nothing about computers, they end up selling you a load of shit you dont need

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Scotty M said:
i agree - they rape you in terms of prizes, and if you send someone in there who knows nothing about computers, they end up selling you a load of shit you dont need

They don't do that. Well not in my experience

Good service, though as they are independant, prices may be more than other places

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Berty_G said:
They don't do that. Well not in my experience

Good service, though as they are independant, prices may be more than other places

the experience was my father coming back with new keyboard/mouse etc which we didn't even need. and the pricve he paid for it.....

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Computer shop needed in Burgess Hill

Arthritic Toe said:
Your computer runs on compressed air?

Compressed air is used to clean fans in computers, can make the difference between a laptop cutting out and running fine in summer; or a desktop PC slowing down.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Re: Re: Re: Computer shop needed in Burgess Hill

MYOB said:
Compressed air is used to clean fans in computers, can make the difference between a laptop cutting out and running fine in summer; or a desktop PC slowing down.

really?! i never knew that... my fan looks WELL dirty on the desktop... do i just squirt away? :)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Computer shop needed in Burgess Hill

Raphael Meade said:
really?! i never knew that... my fan looks WELL dirty on the desktop... do i just squirt away? :)

Turn it off and make sure its compressed air and not liquid propelled air. Should make the PC run cooler and/or quieter if the fans are clean.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I need to get some compressed air.

A lot of stationery shops sell compressed air and other PC cleaning stuff these days if it helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here