Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer help.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I installed the latest graphic update for my laptop. Turned it off went for a bath came back turned laptop on and its screwed. This is what i get.

Looks like its been dropped but it has not.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311012738954.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311012738954.jpg
    740 KB · Views: 242

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Do u have access, can u use control panel etc?

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Definately looks like a broken screen....turn it on and keep pressing the F8 key if the the screen appears with the service options you know it is a weird screen graphic thing if not screen is sh**ged...

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
If, as it appears , it is just the LCD screen that is pooch screwed, you should be able to get a replacement if the laptop is worth it (cost me £200). If you want to get your data off you should be able to plug an external monitor in and use it that way.....

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I don't see how its got cracked at all as it has not been dropped. I was playing football manager got a graphic error so posted it on the offical football manager website and they told me to download this graphic pack they gave me a link to it. I installed it and then went for a bath came back turned laptop on and its like that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
While u were in the bath, someone snuck in and smashed up your screen. Thats my theory.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Laptop is 7months old max its an asus not a great make but couldn't afford an expensive laptop.

It was something x graphic update. One of the offical people on the football manager website told me to download it. As a few people have had this error.

Makes no sense to me.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can't see a DirectX update being responsible for that - are you the only one in your house?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I can't see a DirectX update being responsible for that - are you the only one in your house?

Yes mate. I did download some shirt packs for fm aswell but every one on the forum used the same thing.

The only thing i can think that happened is that when i shut the laptop the lead must have been caught in the screen. And its done that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here