Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Computer Generated Billboards at Wembley

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's not that stupid a question to be honest, since they are there for the television audience.

Why waste the time and effort money painting something on the pitch and put advertising hoardings around the ground when you can very easily superimpose something on the feed coming out of the studio...

.. and importantly change it at the press of a button.

We've already seen Sky superimpose the club badges on the pitch.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They must be made by the same company the makes the test match ones, it always amazes me that the ball never gets stopped by those either.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I saw on TV once an idea about F1 race tracks having blank advertising hoardings and each individual broadcaster would superimpose over them different adverts for different countries. More money could be made this way. It's technologically possible but hasn't been done...yet?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Why waste the time and effort money painting something on the pitch and put advertising hoardings around the ground when you can very easily superimpose something on the feed coming out of the studio...

Is it not just a mat?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I've seen painted adverts, but the point is that potentially you could have a blank mat that could act as a er.. matt.

Yeah, fair enough. But generally the ones by the goals at football, behind the stumps at cricket and in the in-goal area at rugby are the tournament sponsers and would therefore be present regardless.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
It's not that stupid a question to be honest, since they are there for the television audience.

.. and importantly change it at the press of a button.

We've already seen Sky superimpose the club badges on the pitch.

Thank you! Makes me feel a bit better. Still blaming the Strongbow though!

:ascarf::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here