Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely RANDOM things about Brighton & Hove...

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Similar to first post except this one isn't full of the children...

images%5Cvr587b.jpg

It doesn't get any more Brighton than that. UF plate, massive Uncle Sams advert, going to Whitehawk.

Dont remember the 54 going to the Dip in Hollingdean though, was this the one that came up Davey Drive, turned onto the Crossway and down to the dip that way or did it go up to the top of Davey and then down Stephens Road? with the 53 carrying on up Davey Drive, onto Brentwood road and down to Burstead Close before turning around and coming back. How did the 54 get back from the dip? I didnt think any bus used Stanmer Villas or Roedale Road until the 50 SHUTTLE did. Also, dont know if its my mind playing tricks on me but in the days of 53 and 54 (or may have been 58 and 59) buses in Hollingdean, was one of them Southdown and the other Brighton Corporation but both opertaing the same route into Brighton via Lewes Road?

You can see why we saw the need to tidy up the bus routes in Hollingdean. Even the locals couldn't work them out.

Mind you, it was various versions of the 7 that got dumped when the SHUTTLE came along.

Thanks for the CAPITALS, btw!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
nat128b.jpg

Seriously, these buses were TANKS, I remember being on Rowan Avenue on one of these and it hit a parked car... which literally FLEW up the road. :lolol: The bus itself was barely even dented! Ah, memories. I love buses. :blush:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
You can see why we saw the need to tidy up the bus routes in Hollingdean. Even the locals couldn't work them out.

Mind you, it was various versions of the 7 that got dumped when the SHUTTLE came along.

Thanks for the CAPITALS, btw!

Well I was 12 when the SHUTTLE started, just about remember the 7s (was it the 7c that ran to the marina at that time?) and before that was the 58 and 59 which is as far as my memory goes, but I know about the 53 and 54 and before that I was told it was a 14 but never got any proof on that. I even seem to recall some of the buses turned at the top of Mountfields (where I lived) by coming up Davey Drive and reversing into Mountfields. No chance of that happening now. But they could just have been late runners turning early to get back on time

SuperMario

PLAY IT!
Sep 6, 2006
The pub under New England Bridge was knocked down to make access for cars heading north into Old Shoreham Road previousley you had a single file road and waited for the lights to go up into Old Shoreham Road imagine the congestion now. Name that pub

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Who remembers Gamer on Sydney Street and then on East Street? Used to go in there and always ask for a demo of the longest loading game I could find so I could spend ages dossing about in there and sometimes heading into the business section and looking at the amazing Amiga 1000 and original Apple Macs :)

Good call!

And there was another shop at the back at the bottom of churchil square as well that sold Spectrum/Amstrad/Commodore games.

The old dixons which had binoculars outside on the stands.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tutts Radio - yellow shop seemingly squeeeezed into an alleyway.

It's a green house now!

I was once told that is the smallest house in Brighton, one of those facts you get told and just believed it, would love to know if it is true, anyone know ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Dolphinarium WITH Dolphins

jumpdolp.jpg

Sealife centre MY ARSE. Dolphinarium OR Aquarium. I thank you.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
There used to be a shoe shop, I think Clarks, opposite where Boots now is in London Road, that had an x-ray machine with a viewer, so that you could see the bones in your feet inside your new shoes. It must have been running all the time:eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The bespoke tailors at the top of trafalgar street.

The barber in Bond Street with the sign "haircut 100p"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here