Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Completely fed up.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
On the train with the misses going for a nice.weekend away. Well were on the train to ashford to get our connecting train and its like a tin of sardines. 2 f***ing carriages and part of them taken by a empty so called first class.

Its beyond a joke my misses is pregnant not one person has offered her a seat. Feel like getting off and going home.

seagulls

Last edited:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Most trains have priority seats now for eldery, disabled & pregnant.
Start kicking up a stink untill someone gives up their seat. f***ing arseholes.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Ashford - Kenthole! Paris (or Brussels) will seem like paradise after that stain on the map. But to be fair - chance it in first class, with a pregnant wife if the inspector comes around reason with him or if he's a dick get up and move - they can't do too much all the while they are running an inadequate service.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Most trains have priority seats now for eldery, disabled & pregnant.
Start kicking up a stink untill someone gives up their seat. f***ing arseholes.

We will have to get off and walk down the train mate. I wanna just sit in first class and have a word with the ticket man when he comes will probs pay the extra on top. Misses won't go in it as dont want a fine.

Southern need to sort this route out its the same every time i get it. Thought 2.30pm train would be ok. Just emptied at st lenords.

seagulls

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Try holding her hand and telling how much you love her, instead of texting away on your phone?

Im pretty sure she would punch me lol.

Were sitting down now and she is doing her essay. So im pretty sure she don't mind me on my phone.

seagulls

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
You're probably there by now, but for what it's worth. If you asked the conductor, he would probably let you sit in 1st. I think even FCC allow this, and advertise it.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
You're probably there by now, but for what it's worth. If you asked the conductor, he would probably let you sit in 1st. I think even FCC allow this, and advertise it.

Didn't see him till rye. And we were sitting down down by time he had come.

Il remember i can use it for the journey home.

seagulls

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is not first class on those train anymore, its just they haven't re-done the livery. Anybody can sit in the front and back of the Ashford trains.

As told by a guard last December.

BTW, you wait until January when the line is closed for 9 weeks between Hastings and Ashford for Ore tunnel repairs.

Its always busy as it is a brilliant train Ashford to Brighton with only a few stops - Bexhill to Brighton just stop at Eastborne and Polegate

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Don't forget Lewes it stops there also :p

That train is always rammed no matter what time of the day. It would be nice if they doubled it up and made a four set but that would cost and all the time they can get away with just cramming people into two carriages I guess they will.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I can't understand how mugged the British have become over train transport. Have we really allowed ourselves become the most expensive train users on the planet - It's horrible that we accept these prices and levels of service. The mind boggles.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
There is not first class on those train anymore, its just they haven't re-done the livery. Anybody can sit in the front and back of the Ashford trains.

As told by a guard last December.

BTW, you wait until January when the line is closed for 9 weeks between Hastings and Ashford for Ore tunnel repairs.

Its always busy as it is a brilliant train Ashford to Brighton with only a few stops - Bexhill to Brighton just stop at Eastborne and Polegate

I can second that, a guard told me the same, but it is only on those 2 car diesels to Ashford. Although on any train if there are no seats you can ask the guard to de-classify first class

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Just got to deal pretty pleased to be here now.going to relax.

seagulls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here