Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complete stranger

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Handed in a good few wallets and phones. Suspicious as f*** about karma.

Also found some bloke trying to rape a bird when I was about 16 with a couple of mates. Chased him until he got himself cornered then battered the f*** out of him. We knew the bird though so doesn't really count as helping a stranger.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I borrowed my parents car without them knowing - I wanted to get a burger from Tucker's up the Fiveways (this must have been '94ish?) - and as I was driving up Ditchling Road, a car pulled out in front of me so I gave them a blast on the car horn which then stayed on. Annoyingly.

I pulled the car over with the horn still going and while I sat their wondering what to do, some bloke appeared at the side of the car, reached in with a screwdriver and flipped the cover off on the steering wheel which stopped the horn. He nonchalently said "yeah, that happens quite a lot with these models" and wandered off.

A small but timely intervention

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
A Palace fan was being taunted by two blokes who told him he was not fit to sleep with pigs - I stood up for him

I told him he was!

I'll get me coat

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
paid the dartford tunnel for some jonny foreigner who had no change at auto pay booth.... not cos i am nice but to avoid big traffic f*** up....

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
A guy in his 60's with a was stood outside my shop in the lanes surrounded by a few pissed up friends who were trying to get him to talk sense, he smelt of booze but something didnt seem right, his face looked droopy and he was incoherent just slurring his words,and his friends insisted he'd only had half a bottle of wine- it was around the time that F.A.S.T advert was on tv and he had all the symptoms of a stroke so i called an ambulance and insisted he stay put, Three weeks later he turned up at my shop with a bottle of champagne and a card with a beautifully written letter from him and his family saying how i'd saved his life. Felt nice to think i'd made a difference.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ship was in Hamburg,4 of us went to the Indri club,met a group who were playing there,they were saying they were broke and going back to UK soon,we bought them a drink,had a chat and left....later on I can now say I bought John Lennon a drink....not likely to return the favour tho is he!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Helped a spanish couple change their tyre last week,at a petrol station,kept things frosty as i could have been jumped,but hey just did it,they offered me money,i turned it down.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Handed in a good few wallets and phones. Suspicious as f*** about karma.

Also found some bloke trying to rape a bird when I was about 16 with a couple of mates. Chased him until he got himself cornered then battered the f*** out of him. We knew the bird though so doesn't really count as helping a stranger.

Me too & it does work the other way too you know

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
There's been countless times i've been stuck at railway stations & been offered lifts further down the line. I guess i should stop as one day i'll be found cut up in bin bags.

When my nan who lived in South Africa was given a fortnight to live i paid for my dads air fare so he could see her before she died.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Please elaborate.

Good things come to those that wait,have patience,one good turn deserves another,good things happen when we try,but do it not for reward to yourself,a prayer sent to another comes to you full circle,cause & effect,positive thinking,belief,trust,faith,passion,desire,dedication,compassion,see the beauty in it all,an answer served before you have even asked....i could go on all night & when the time comes and our time is up,go without fear,live with respect,honour,charity,humility, i chose not to

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
I managed to miss a flight back to the UK from Fez chatting to a girl recently. After a nightmare trip across the city and out to the suburban airport in an old Merc driven by my a particularly lackadaisical Moroccan with no knowledge of the English language (vite vite also had no effect), I got to the Ryanair flight desk just after it closed and 30 minutes before departure (fool I know, but hey). 3 desperate calls to the flight deck later but I was refused entry onto the plane. Pretty much out of money and the next flight back to the UK is in two days' time. Everything in the airport is shutting down, so I'm anticipating trying to sleep in the airport for the night and then see what happens the next day. Up step two of the passport control guys who, having seen me distressed and heard that I've got no money (all desperate attempts to get on the flight!), offer one of their bachelor pads to crash at (the second flat one of them has away from his family where he can go 'Western' - sleep with girls, drink and smoke). We're collected by some head police honcho at the airport and head to a bar on the edge of town to meet their mates, where we all begin to drink (one of the guys went off and bought 100 bottles of beer to share between 10 of us) and then we head out for the night. They give me a tour of all the best night spots in Fez, seemingly intent on buying bottles of spirits every place we go and refusing any contribution from me. This carried on for the next two days (other stories including a bloody stupid 90mph race around the awful roads of Fez on the back of a motorbike driven by someone of questionable sobriety and sans helmet, the bike thankfully running out of petrol and us having to wheel it all the way to a garage - some others I won't mention), and I ended up being shown so much more authentic Fez by authentic Moroccans than I had done in the past 5 days spent there whilst traveling around! Still try to keep in touch with the guys now, absolute legends!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
On a train to London which stopped at Gatwick. A family just arrived from Norway were waiting on the platform trying to work out if this was the train they wanted. Their lad, about 10, decided it was and jumped on just as the doors shut with the rest of his family still on the platform as the train pulled away. A parents worst nightmare. Everybody in the carriage talking about it but nobody doing anything so I sat down with the lad, managed to get him to call his dad and we managed to work out that we could meet at London Bridge where I sat and waited with the lad until his family arrived on a later train. Worth being late for my meeting just to see the look of relief on his mum and dads faces when they arrived. I do think that doing good turns for people with no expectation of any reward is something that benefits us all and is a mark of a civilised society.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bloke getting his head kicked in outside my flat at about 4am. Somehow (in a drunken state on my way home) managed to intervene and bring him into my place. Realised that these lads who were after him were waiting outside, so had to phone the police, was pretty scary. No doubt the guy had probably done something to deserve it, if I am honest not sure what I would have done if I was sober.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here