Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Competition- Waiting Time At A & E

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm just about to go to A & E, on my doctor's advice, to get a large and painful abscess on my shoulder dealt with.

I will be there at about 07.45.

The competition is to guess at what time I will be seen. Answers below.

Witty answers will be appreciated too. This could be a long day.

Being a DULLARD, I'll see if I can find a prize like the Brighton Corporation bus times of 1976.

Right, I'm off.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good Friday.
A Roman soldier will lance your abscess with his sword.

That’s probably blasphemous. I’ll get struck down on my way to the AMEX today. If there’s an empty seat in WSU, you’ll know why.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As long as it takes to get you seen free of charge, by an overworked, underfunded, team of hard working professionals, for an injury that is quite obviously painful but in no way life threatening.

What do I win?

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm just about to go to A & E, on my doctor's advice, to get a large and painful abscess on my shoulder dealt with.

Being a DULLARD, I'll see if I can find a prize like the Brighton Corporation bus times of 1976.

Right, I'm off.

You will be out by 4:30pm. We will be beating Norwich 2-0 by that time.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As long as it takes to get you seen free of charge, by an overworked, underfunded, team of hard working professionals, for an injury that is quite obviously painful but in no way life threatening.

What do I win?

An NSC Overly Sanctimonious Poster of the Year nomination.

The original entry in no way takes a swipe at the NHS but is intended as an actual distraction for me during a long wait.

Still, you've taken up 5 more minutes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You will be out by 4:30pm. We will be beating Norwich 2-0 by that time.

When I had an abscess, I had to go to theatre to have it cut out, stayed in overnight and then had the district nurse in for three weeks to change the dressing every day.

Oh, the OP wanted witty answers? My bad. :cool:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Triage will see you at 8, doctor around 10.30

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

You got the 08.00am bit right.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I had an abscess, I had to go to theatre to have it cut out, stayed in overnight and then had the district nurse in for three weeks to change the dressing every day.

Oh, the OP wanted witty answers? My bad. :cool:

You are winding me up, right ?

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011

Right, I'm off.

Can't you do it yourself? Surely only a five minute job.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Which A&E? Can’t speak highly enough of Worthings A&E, always busy of course, probably under staffed, but the nurse and doctor who saw me last time were superb, efficient, and even able to raise a smile or two, albeit while I was in excruciating pain :thumbsup:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
It was Friday night last night so it depends on how many people are still in there after fighting, drinking too much or overdosed......

At least you're there before the Saturday morning local football injuries start hobbling in!

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010

What do I win?

Well played. I’m sure you’ll appreciate my disappointment when I opened the thread and found out that the actual premise was just a pointless guessing game.

You’ve ratcheted this one up a notch methinks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't you do it yourself? Surely only a five minute job.

Is the right answer

Gender fluid up and stick a pin in it.

Leach it clean.

The sow it back together with the heads of fire ants from a remote Portland forest, that I happen to be passing through despite the local law enforcement taking exception to my being there.

That's what I would do.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This has started well. The doctor calls me in and says he will get a team to sort it.

I tell him I have a good book and ask him how long he thinks I have in reading time.

He reckons an hour, the decision to come early seemingly being a good one.

After midday he says waiting times shoot up. Come this evening it becomes impossible.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Which A&E? Can’t speak highly enough of Worthings A&E, always busy of course, probably under staffed, but the nurse and doctor who saw me last time were superb, efficient, and even able to raise a smile or two, albeit while I was in excruciating pain :thumbsup:

RSCH. It was quiet at 07.45.

Noticeably beginning to fill up now.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is the right answer

Gender fluid up and stick a pin in it.

Leach it clean.

The sow it back together with the heads of fire ants from a remote Portland forest, that I happen to be passing through despite the local law enforcement taking exception to my being there.

That's what I would do.

I don't have any gender fluid.

You've taken up another 5 minutes anyway, as I was stewing over your inference that I don't appreciate the NHS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are winding me up, right ?

I wish I was but I was unlucky. You've probably caught yours in time. I had been to the doctor five days previously and took antibiotics, which had no effect.
I thought I was going to A&E when the doctor phoned through but I was taken to the day ward. I hadn't even taken in a wash bag.

Seriously, you'll be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here