Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compensation claim companies

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
What an absoloute tool.

Bumpy pavements? Uneven ground? What do you want, a sign every 50 feet to tell you that the ground isn't perfectly even?

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
so you're quite happy for YOUR money to be 'spunked' paying out to people who don't look where they are going?
as it is your money are you aware how much one of these claims costs?
lets say byf gets £5k i'd bet the 'Lawyer for you' gets £25k (someone who knows for a fact may well correct me) As far as I see it, a world without lawyers would be like a world without football agents

I know exactly how much it costs mate - to be fair you are way off the mark, payments have been made in B&H over the last 10 years around the 100 K mark.

Im happy for my money to be paid out when they arent fufilling there duties - and plus they have insurance themselves to cover agasint such claims

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I tripped over a striking Premier League footballer and knocked over some old lady who was cuddling a cat which fell into a dustbin.

Should I sue,or switch threads?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You seem to be very reticent about saying whether it was a public park or a private field, which was it?

No disrespect to you at all, but considering a lot of people on here only know how to abuse, take a cheap shot or be nasty in some form then I dont think me sharing that information is going to help.

Its simple, if you fall over and hurt yourself and feel that its the fault of others in some way then you have a choice to do something about it.

I hope that one day you dont fall over, trip over or have an accident that puts you out of work, out of leisure and in pain for 4-6 weeks or longer.

I hope that you dont have to go through the pain at night and the endless trips up A & E because you cant get a doctors appointment.

At the end of the day, youve obviously got morals, have never wronged anyone or any system or wasted tax payers money or ever left a shop when they have given you £5 extra change by mistake.

I bet you run your own charity raising millions a year for deprived children all around the world also.

You should be given the keys to the city by now surely.

where'd that come from?, I was simply replying to Cromwell Rds comment about councils spunking money, i'm quite happy to accept the above comments but i'm sure there are more deserving on this thread.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Not taking sides, i have no authority on this subject, just opinion follows:

You fell over and broke your heel. The way i see it, only one of two things could have happened.

1). You weren't paying attention when said slip/fall occurred.
2). You were paying attention and "fell" in deliberately.

So, who are you going to claim compensation from and why? Accidents happen, why do you need to be financially reimbursed?

Just saying.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
where'd that come from?, I was simply replying to Cromwell Rds comment about councils spunking money, i'm quite happy to accept the above comments but i'm sure there are more deserving on this thread.

My apologies.

I know exactly how much it costs mate - to be fair you are way off the mark, payments have been made in B&H over the last 10 years around the 100 K mark.

Im happy for my money to be paid out when they arent fufilling there duties - and plus they have insurance themselves to cover agasint such claims

If i'm way off the mark then how much would a lawyer be paid if someone was to recieve say 5 grand? you are aware that when 'where there's blame there's a claim' offer 100% of the compensation they are not doing it just to be nice

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
No disrespect to you at all, but considering a lot of people on here only know how to abuse, take a cheap shot or be nasty in some form then I dont think me sharing that information is going to help.

Its simple, if you fall over and hurt yourself and feel that its the fault of others in some way then you have a choice to do something about it.

Thing is if it was private land then you would have no leg to stand on whatsoever because in effect you'd be trespassing. There are plenty of places where locals walk their dogs along fields which don't have public rights of way and therefore neither the land owner or council have any obligation to sign or clear that particular route.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hi,

I recently broke my heel bone in my foot & am looking to make a claim.

Does anyone have any dealings with any claim companies that they could reccommend?

I realise there are hundreads out there, but looking for a proffessional company who will help and also dont take half the cash for themselves.

Cheers

In answer to your original question - none; they don't exist.

They usually cop for about 60%.

My apologies.
accepted, thank you. i'm not having a go at you. the hole system is wrong (geddit?) it's a compensation culture we live in now and although some on here would be true to their word and not claim, others, who are insulting you would in an instant.The hole issue (I can't stop now)re:abuse, is based on the fact you've posted it on here. FFS how many posts have you made? did you not expect this in any way shape or form?

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Not a bad idea that.

In all seriousness though, i do understand what your saying but this appears to be a freshly dug hole on council property, with nothing to suggest its there - if that is the case then they should be sued.

If you were to slip in Tescos because they had cleaned the flooer and not put a sign down (smashing your heel in the process) would you not sue ?

Whats the different between that and byf's situation ?

Other than the fact that a wet floor is hard to see and is by its nature very slippery. Whereas a big hole is......well, a big hole and quite easy to see?

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
If there had to be signs marking every ditch on the Local Downs it must be a nightmare . Might go for a walk tonight anyone know any good Compo companies?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
24boys3.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
By all means debate the subject, there is absolutly no need to resort to insults towards the originator of this thread, any more and the thread will be closed and the members doing the insults for no reason will be dealt with.

this business of throwing insults towards members for no apparent reason is not acceptable.

You have been warned!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really hate this "must be able to sue someone" culture. It's what gives health and safety wankers the power to treat us all as imbeciles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here