Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compare the Meerkat.com

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is there a single directory enquiries company that doesn't make incredibly irritating adverts?

118 118 amazingly still seem to think they're funny, when that "joke" went out of fashion at least four years ago.

Their ads before and during The Simpsons on C4 weekdays are just cringe-making. Pathetic that they are still basing their two characters on some slightly-altered-for-legal-reasons depiction of oddball running bloke of yesteryear David Bedford when 99% of the population no longer know/give a f*** who he is. 118 118 are one of these companies you just wish would DIE.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It undoubtedly does when you remember the name of the advertiser as a result (ie comparethemeerkat.com).

It doesn't when you can't, ie with that bloody Volkswagen one I mentioned (and yes I know it's a VW garage but not the actual name).

Mr Pfeiffers in Hove was the only VW garage worth its salt, ever. He was a class act, dont know if he is still around, what a lovely man. Who said the Germans, apart from Man of Harveys, dont have a sense of humour, especially when it came to my Passat.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The only people who ring 118 118 are 13 year old dip-shits who hope to get a laugh asking questions like why their mates a rent boy.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
"We CAN stay up......SIMPLES!!"

f_meerkatm_33c7f47.jpg
.....Sorry.....I was bored!

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Does anybody actually watch ITV, unless there is footy on, and most of what I watch on sky is sky+'ed anyway so I never have to watch the adverts.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
I love the way the Seagull Love Review's fab interview with Andy Whing in the April edition asks Whingy if he agrees that Nicky Forster looks like the meerkat in the ad!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Our friend was down at bank holiday and her two year old child is terrified of the advert and screams whenever he sees it. She said it is a nightmare if he sees it in the evening as he will not go to bed.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Very rarely does an advert come on that actually makes you want to buy the product. This is one that would make me want to buy the car advertised just because of the ad...

[yt]HLV8sCawBug[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here