Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Compare the Meerkat.com

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
How many more times do we have to see this tv ad? I've even started seeing it in my sleep now! Enough is enough!!........simples! :censored:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
But I bet if you wanted to compare some meerkats you would know where to go.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
makes me laugh.

prefer barry scott though.....Mr Shouty.

This defensive wall needs sorting.......

Attachments

• meercatlarge.jpg
    meercatlarge.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 800

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sticking with confused.com thanks to that f***ing meerkat.

The one with the numpty in the too tight sweater walking up and down on childish objects? Give me the meerkat everytime. Confused.com advert is the worst of some pretty shit adverts around at the moment imo.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
118 24 f***ing 7 is running it close though.

That irritates me tremendously.

And a radio advert for some Volkwagen garage, in which the disbelieving 'punter' asks the mechanic " Do you cross your heart and hope to die? Are your pants on fire?" in response to their price promise. It's on continuously, every time my alarm clock goes off in the morning, no matter which commercial station I tune into.

I don't even know which garage it's for. Bastards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The advertisers know they have made an impact with an advert when it annoys so many people.:D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The advertisers know they have made an impact with an advert when it annoys so many people.:D

It undoubtedly does when you remember the name of the advertiser as a result (ie comparethemeerkat.com).

It doesn't when you can't, ie with that bloody Volkswagen one I mentioned (and yes I know it's a VW garage but not the actual name).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there a single directory enquiries company that doesn't make incredibly irritating adverts?

118 118 amazingly still seem to think they're funny, when that "joke" went out of fashion at least four years ago.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is there a single directory enquiries company that doesn't make incredibly irritating adverts?

118 118 amazingly still seem to think they're funny, when that "joke" went out of fashion at least four years ago.

Well said! 118 118 are really resting on their laurels... Lazy attempt at advertising. Plus, their adverts just say 118, if you ring 118, you won't get them!!! So it's poor advertising all round, my opinion!

I love the Meerkat! :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, why on earth would anybody ring an expensive directory enquiries service these days anyway?

Surely you just Google stuff, either via a computer or on your phone. Or even (shock) use a Yellow Pages?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyway, why on earth would anybody ring an expensive directory enquiries service these days anyway?

Surely you just Google stuff, either via a computer or on your phone. Or even (shock) use a Yellow Pages?

Not everyone can access google on their phone. I don't like the 118 118 adverts either, but I have used them a few times. Should I need something, I will think of them before anyone else. I have text them a couple of times too, last time because I got lost in Swindon and I didn't want to admit it to my friend, so I had them help me instead. :lol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I think the 118 24 7 (or one of them anyway) is the same ones that did the 'Badger Badger Badger' and other famous singalong online cartoons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here