Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Companies conning customers

tycoon0_0

Aug 3, 2011
o2 were my provider

Interesting. Unless O2 retentions have some sort of software which allows them to infiltrate customer texts (which is entirely illegal) I'd have to say it's more likely to be something else and pure coincidence. Ultimately, your service provider HAS to give you a PAC code on request and issued to your handset within 3 hours.

Surprising from O2 as delt with my mother's termination from them the other day and once they understood there was no chance of her staying with them they gave me all the info I needed with minimal fuss (you will always have to go through the motions with your provider to get your PAC code. People who work in retentions keep their jobs based on the percentage of customers looking to leave they manage to retain to their network).

tycoon0_0

Aug 3, 2011
o2 were my provider

Interesting. Unless O2 retentions have some sort of software which allows them to infiltrate customer texts (which is entirely illegal) I'd have to say it's more likely to be something else and pure coincidence. Ultimately, your service provider HAS to give you a PAC code on request and issued to your handset within 3 hours.

Surprising from O2 as delt with my mother's termination from them the other day and once they understood there was no chance of her staying with them they gave me all the info I needed with minimal fuss (you will always have to go through the motions with your provider to get your PAC code. People who work in retentions keep their jobs based on the percentage of customers looking to leave they manage to retain to their network).

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove

Perhaps its just only their texts they send 'expire' after a while, but never has a text self deleted (or whatever it did) on my phone before, nor since. My mate who did it had to call them back after the first one did it, approx the same amount of wait, 20-odd minutes, and the second text also self deleted.
Just seems a bit of a coincidence to me....

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Simple question: Why do they (Vodafone) choose not to display the date my current contract ends on my account page? Why do they hide this information?

On my phone, when I go to the "My Vodaphone" app, it gives me a total of my monthly allowances and how much i have used so far. Then when I click on the price plan tab, it gives me the monthly cost, length of contract, start date and renewal date.

Have you tried looking there? It certainly isn't hidden from me.

tycoon0_0

Aug 3, 2011
Perhaps its just only their texts they send 'expire' after a while, but never has a text self deleted (or whatever it did) on my phone before, nor since. My mate who did it had to call them back after the first one did it, approx the same amount of wait, 20-odd minutes, and the second text also self deleted.
Just seems a bit of a coincidence to me....

It's theoretically plausible, but if it were possible to have texts expire providers wouldn't need to send texts when a user gets a new phone which includes internet and MMS settings and request the user to delete text then restart phone. It's a massive violation of your privacy... But hey it could be... Seems strange though as the PAC code would still be valid. All I would say it always make a "hard-copy" of it which to be fair is what I've always done anyway.

Regarding The 20-minute call, while they do make you go through about 3 departments to finally get to the retentions department the time of day you call will usually have something to do with it too. But as I said, they have to go through a full script with each customer looking to leave.

The best advice I can give for anyone leaving is, tell your provider a member of the family works for the network you want to move to, can get 50% off and mention something along the lines of getting a iPhone 5 for £20 a month Unlimited mins, texts 1GB of data. It'll shut them up and save you 5 minutes of questions.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
On my phone, when I go to the "My Vodaphone" app, it gives me a total of my monthly allowances and how much i have used so far. Then when I click on the price plan tab, it gives me the monthly cost, length of contract, start date and renewal date.

Have you tried looking there? It certainly isn't hidden from me.

Yep, downloaded the app earlier and you're right, it does have the end of contract date... it's just not on the website.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
It's theoretically plausible, but if it were possible to have texts expire providers wouldn't need to send texts when a user gets a new phone which includes internet and MMS settings and request the user to delete text then restart phone. It's a massive violation of your privacy... But hey it could be... Seems strange though as the PAC code would still be valid. All I would say it always make a "hard-copy" of it which to be fair is what I've always done anyway.

Regarding The 20-minute call, while they do make you go through about 3 departments to finally get to the retentions department the time of day you call will usually have something to do with it too. But as I said, they have to go through a full script with each customer looking to leave.

The best advice I can give for anyone leaving is, tell your provider a member of the family works for the network you want to move to, can get 50% off and mention something along the lines of getting a iPhone 5 for £20 a month Unlimited mins, texts 1GB of data. It'll shut them up and save you 5 minutes of questions.

Perhaps i'm being too much of an old cynic, but if they could, I can see why they would do it!

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Yep, downloaded the app earlier and you're right, it does have the end of contract date... it's just not on the website.

To be honest, the Vodafone website is shit. I never use it. If I need to do anything I do it in-store. They are much more helpful. Avoid the website and the customer service team as much as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here