Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Community

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
In these transiently (one hopes) barbarian times, somewhat annoyed this evening by certain things, I had a think about why I like to read NSC and chat with people on here.

It is simple. It gives me a sense of community with people from my town (as it was, now City) and surrounds. Shared experience and aspirations.

And other people I didn't know much about growing up. The shy. The awkward. The different.

The kind and the generous. The funny. The warm. Bless you.

We will prevail. x
Stirring things up, again? When will you learn?! :)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I gave up on Facebook many years ago for all kinds of reasons, most of them to do with my personality type rather than inherent problems with the site.

I've just binned off Twitter too. Musk is taking that site into a very dark place and I don't want any part of it.

But I still look forward to seeing what's happening on NSC. All human life seems to be here and you get the occasional idiocy, but on the whole it's always been a civilised, useful and entertaining forum.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
I gave up on Facebook many years ago for all kinds of reasons, most of them to do with my personality type rather than inherent problems with the site.

I've just binned off Twitter too. Musk is taking that site into a very dark place and I don't want any part of it.

But I still look forward to seeing what's happening on NSC. All human life seems to be here and you get the occasional idiocy, but on the whole it's always been a civilised, useful and entertaining forum.
I'm not sure I can give up Facebook, as it's how I engage with all of my long term friends. Unfortunately sometimes you also hear of their passing too. I think if it wasn't for the football connection I'd doubt I would be on here.
Monkey Man what is Musk doing ? Can he control things on X then?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
In these transiently (one hopes) barbarian times, somewhat annoyed this evening by certain things, I had a think about why I like to read NSC and chat with people on here.

It is simple. It gives me a sense of community with people from my town (as it was, now City) and surrounds. Shared experience and aspirations.

And other people I didn't know much about growing up. The shy. The awkward. The different.

The kind and the generous. The funny. The warm. Bless you.

We will prevail. x
Potter Out!
De Zerbi Out!
Fabian Hurzeler Out! Before we have kicked a ball. x ;)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It’s a great plaice to get a balance of views, where many take the time and effort to provide meaningful responses and long may it continue

My in person friendship circle say it’s debaitable whether the fish puns add any value when the opportunaty presents. I’d hake to think what my anemones think
At least there aren’t too many crabby, shellfish nobsters on here.
There are a few who talk a load of old molluscs, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here