Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Community Stadium to be the greenest in the land

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
it will have to go some way to beat Dartfords new Stadium

overview.jpg

dartford%20fc.jpg

Is that grass on top of the stadium WTF ?

Having a green stadium has to get a few more on side. The noises are all good at the moment

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is that grass on top of the stadium WTF ?

Having a green stadium has to get a few more on side. The noises are all good at the moment

I wouldn't like to get up there with a lawn mower every week

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Cor, reading that I believe the Stadium will be more environmentally friendly than the field that is there at the moment!, and an environmentally friendly junction improvement, and a green Flyover and Car Park! Kewl.

I dont care if the place is powered by damp brown coal and produces plumes of Carbon and methane as long as the fucker gets built.

The stadium IS going to be far more environmentally friendly than the current field, as Ive been saying for years. Planting one tree will imeasurably increase the biodiversity from the present stale monoculture.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Aren't Man City building a wind turbine that will power their stadium? :bowdown:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Cor, reading that I believe the Stadium will be more environmentally friendly than the field that is there at the moment!, and an environmentally friendly junction improvement, and a green Flyover and Car Park! Kewl.

I dont care if the place is powered by damp brown coal and produces plumes of Carbon and methane as long as the fucker gets built.

:thumbsup::clap2:
Couldn't agree more, I can understand why the club is jumping on the Green Eco friendly bandwagon since it undoubtedly improves our cause but I couldn't give a monkeys arse if it creates more waste and carbon emissions that a chinese power station as long as I see bricks and mortar appearing in a field in Falmer soon!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good stuff, can only help our case...

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
A green roof would be easy to do for the stadium and would help blend it into the hillside - there is an Adnams depot up in suffolk with a sedum roof and it massicely reduces the impact.

A wind turbine would look far more intrusive than the stadium itself so cant imagine it would be wanted.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the latest comment on the argus website is a disgrace, do people really think that is what happened

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He is an absolute arse. These points he makes have been challenged and defeated 1,000s of times, yet he bangs the same old drum.

Davy from Hove - So just remind me, they are a business, they had a ground, they sold it for profit and now demand to build a new one on the edge of the South Downs and they can do this because people like to watch football?
:thud:

I know it doesn't matter what they think, but it is a matter of principle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here