Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'community' pub, in moulescum? haha

Leas

Dec 3, 2011
Moved into Birdham Road just over 2 years ago , new about the reputation couldnt have been more wrong , a fantastic view no trouble at all people great the downs just over the back love it .

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Lived in Moulsecoomb all of my life. Some of the nicest and most sincere people you could wish to meet. The Bev had its moments like every other pub in Brighton, but to close it down was an over reaction and insulting to the residents. I think it would be both a postive and worthwhile use of the premises. Viva la 'scoomb.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
You are obviously a bit of a cv-nt mate! Fair play to the locals for trying to get this off the ground!!
PS It also tells you it's in Hillside - so you are also a thick cv-nt!

It's been a long time since i was there, and the 'lovely locals' passed off some dodgy notes on me, when i did a delivery.. hence my disdain..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
For those interested there was an open day on15th July (unfortunatly I was away unable to attend)

More information see http://www.thebevy.co.uk/ looks to be re-opening in the near future.

then and now

Jan 16, 2010
seen on twitter- this was the Bevendean pub, in Moulescoomb Way..?

spread the word about the bevendean community pub project in brighton! exciting stuff. Facebook - The Bevy
pls RT

Have lived in moulsecoomb all my life, the bev isn't in moulsecoomb way, its in hillside as a previous poster has said, maybe we should all come to your local for a drink as it must be such a nice place.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
From growing up and being at school I'd always hear horror stories about Moulescoomb so I was weary or even fairly frightened of going there.
I actually moved to the area between Coldean and Moulescoomb (Hikers Rest Area) and had less trouble there than anywhere else I've lived in Brighton inc. Kemp Town, Aldrigton Station area, Boundary Rd, Portslade etc.
I found there was a bigger BHA community that side of Brighton as well.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From growing up and being at school I'd always hear horror stories about Moulescoomb so I was weary or even fairly frightened of going there.
I actually moved to the area between Coldean and Moulescoomb (Hikers Rest Area) and had less trouble there than anywhere else I've lived in Brighton inc. Kemp Town, Aldrigton Station area, Boundary Rd, Portslade etc.
I found there was a bigger BHA community that side of Brighton as well.

Agree entirely. I had a couple of mates grow up in Moulsecoomb, they told me I would love it over here as they are my kind of people. Where I am in Newick Road, it's supposed to be one of the worst roads in Brighton to live in. Well I have lived here for over seven years and I honestly prefer it to Portslade, and I grew up in Portslade.(Anyone remember the Portslade/Worthing/Eastbourne chants in the old North stand?) I have had the opportunity to move out of Moulsecoomb on a number of occasions and chose to stay put, and I'm glad I did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here