Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a magnificent display of dancing from Delhi as India are the next hosts.

The MCG was converted to an athletics track yet we fail to even add one to Wembley Stadium - why I just don't know.

Still let's hope London provides a fantastic Olympics in 2012.

Beach Hut said:
The MCG was converted to an athletics track yet we fail to even add one to Wembley Stadium - why I just don't know.

Still let's hope London provides a fantastic Olympics in 2012.
Maybe because the London Olympic Stadium will be a better athletics venue? And a great resource for the future of British sport.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Re: Re: Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Lord Bracknell said:
Maybe because the London Olympic Stadium will be a better athletics venue? And a great resource for the future of British sport.

Possibly but still think we should look to stadia that can do everything - like Stade de France.

Re: Re: Re: Commonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Beach Hut said:
Possibly but still think we should look to stadia that can do everything - like Stade de France.
I disagree. Wembley will be a much better football stadium once the fans get closer to the pitch.

It's interesting that Espanyol, who have been playing in Barcelona's Olympic Stadium, have opted to move to a purpose-built football stadium. And that the City of Manchester Stadium had its athletics track removed before Man City moved in.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A cast of Dame Ednas - marvellous scenes :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
seagulls4eva said:
Some of the front seats at Wembley can be moved away

Wasn't something similar piloted in the mid 1970's at an England- Scotland Home International?
Seem to recall the goal posts being removed too?

:lolol: :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Brings home just how insular the NIMBYs are watching these closing moments.

The whole world embraces sport and great sporting venues but we have a handful of people stuck so far up their own backsides that they don't see what the rest of the world sees.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Bwian said:
Brings home just how insular the NIMBYs are watching these closing moments.

The whole world embraces sport and great sporting venues but we have a handful of people stuck so far up their own backsides that they don't see what the rest of the world sees.

Ok then lets put a drug rehab unit next door to you house & see if you are happy to embrace the fact that the addicts get a second chance in life, or what about cheap flats for the poor, just because we all love sport doesnt mean that others do

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
chicken run said:
Ok then lets put a drug rehab unit next door to you house & see if you are happy to embrace the fact that the addicts get a second chance in life, or what about cheap flats for the poor, just because we all love sport doesnt mean that others do

What the hell does a drug re-hab centre or cheap flats have to do with anything related to Falmer?

They are a bunch of insular snobs-if it was another Glyndbourne being proposed they'd have no problems with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here