Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comments for 1 special Brighton fan.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd put money on there being more than 1 Brighton fan there yesterday!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think Ian Gillan put it best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9IqML8Ubc

"...I believe if you could see,
The blood between the lines,
I believe that you could be,
A better kind,
Please lead the way so the unborn can play,
On some greener hill,
Laugh as the flames eat their burning remains...
Fools die laughing still."

Kosh

Last edited:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
T.

In real cultural frontlines these issues are very prevalent. Brighton is not an area where there are large groups of Muslims living in ghettos alongside the Brits, if it were, I would venture that a lot of those on here would change their views.

Living in the Birmingham area, I think I could be described as inhabiting a 'real cultural frontline'. Now my mother-inlaw, was a typical teacher who works in a school you would not wish to send your children to, a labour partisan running through her blood, can not see any wrong in any body or race, as per the education the majority of us have received.

Yet in the past 2 years her perceptions have altered. The area is a large council estate area, the majority of children are Asian, the Indian children in general are hard working and normally polite, the Muslim children in general have very little respect towards the female staff and other students, as well as British culture. Even going back to 9-11, an minority of Muslim children were heard to have celebrated. Most of the child welfare issues in the school rise through Muslim issues, 'shire law, arranged marriages etc.

The really scary element, I have also noted myself in this area, is the hatred between Indians and Pakistani's, so much so it makes you feel extremely uncomfortable. i played football with some Indian gentleman for a couple of years but had to chuck it in as I could not stand the friction between them and Muslims, perhaps to the extend the Israelis and its neighbors appreciate each other.

Now I can only hope I do not come across in a negative light or seem remotely racists. I am just sharing my experiences and my mother-inlaws take on how life has changed in the past few years. Finally, I can name bad people in all races and religions around this area, and have the foresight to realise, though not in my generation, eventually we are all going to end up living in each others pockets unless a massive war or disease happens, so we should get used to multi cultural living.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Erm when a political stance is obviously racist it is WRONG. These tosser must not be allowed to use our clubs badge in anyway to pedal thier ignortant, pathetic and medieval views. END OF.

Firstly I thought the EDL lot prided themselves on not being racist?

Secondly who died and made you Elvis?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Firstly I thought the EDL lot prided themselves on not being racist?

Secondly who died and made you Elvis?
I'm curious. Why are you so concerned that some people don't want the club's badge displayed on an EDL march?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
İbrahim Tatlıses;3682913 said:

These people are utterly vile.

Never knew you were in the 'Kill the Bill' camp Ibrahim :p

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So if they're going to shout for 'No Sharia Law', are they going to shout for 'No Hugo Chavez' or 'No Seal Culling' next, because on the scale of concerns of what is English, they're just about as relevant.

Eh?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm curious. Why are you so concerned that some people don't want the club's badge displayed on an EDL march?

Just don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it.

No skin off my nose if it was an EDL flag or the black flag of Islam.

What I don't appreciate is people deciding who can and who can't be fans of our football club.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
He got banned AGES ago that guy! I remember someone pointing him out a couple years back when it was Gillingham away.

So he won't be at Falmer :ascarf:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it.

No skin off my nose if it was an EDL flag or the black flag of Islam.

What I don't appreciate is people deciding who can and who can't be fans of our football club.
I'd simply rather football club badges were kept away from political marches.

And I don't think anyone is deciding who can and can't be a fan of the club. Apart from anything else, that's actually impossible.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Thats not true.

The evidence (I don't have any but its out there) suggests that when the Saxsons and the Normans invaded they killed the elliets. 'Normal people' have the same genes which existed thousands of years ago.

Which does prove the point about nationalisum being phenomenon which only existed since the renaissance. in the 1000 noone gave a shit who was incharge, simply because the avagae person was rarely affected by the state.

England though, was the first state to exist. To put it into perpective, France was only unified after the revolution, 200 years ago. Germany and Italy have been countries for about 130 years. England has been a united state for 1000 years.

Anyway, is there some footie or anything.

Actualy genetic evidence suggests a more complex picture. Some studies have found a significant similarity between the southern english and Friesians ( from the Netherlands) other studies suggest little Saxon immigration, but that there is much in common between people from the North and modern Scandinaveans.

Further, though England was united as a state sometime in the 10th century, making it reasonably early for a European state, this is significantly later than China or Persia.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Erm when a political stance is obviously racist it is WRONG. These tosser must not be allowed to use our clubs badge in anyway to pedal thier ignortant, pathetic and medieval views. END OF.

This.

FFS, we should all be ashamed and embarassed that the badge was used in this way.

PG

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Actualy genetic evidence suggests a more complex picture. Some studies have found a significant similarity between the southern english and Friesians ( from the Netherlands) other studies suggest little Saxon immigration, but that there is much in common between people from the North and modern Scandinaveans.

Further, though England was united as a state sometime in the 10th century, making it reasonably early for a European state, this is significantly later than China or Persia.

Debatable about China. It really is such a massive country, could it ever be seen as 'united', Tibet to name but one province of China which is not happy.

Persia, maybe destroyed by the Mongals armys and occupied by the British and the Soviets during WW2. Weather its been fully united I don't know. But I see your point and agree with it.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
TLO is simply pointing out that Sharia Law will NEVER be on the agenda in this country, in the same way that seal culling and Hugo Chavez won't be either.

Did't the Archbishop of Canterbury suggest 'some' aspects of Sharia Law should be implamented?

So suggesting 'Sharia Law will NEVER be on the agenda in this country' shows how out of touch some people are with reality.

It is on the agender. Which is different from saying it will never happen.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'd simply rather football club badges were kept away from political marches.

So the same applies for the bloke in the Spurs shirt in the Argus photos then? What if someone had been wearing a Cliff Richard T-Shirt should Cliff be kept away from political events to?

And I don't think anyone is deciding who can and can't be a fan of the club. Apart from anything else, that's actually impossible.

No?

4) stay away from associating yourself with BHA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here