Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comment on Chelsea site made me chuckle anyway

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Chelsea fan Mark Kelly;

"Another seriously great workout in the Florida Sun, there were a few players new to me that I hadn't seen before who were excellent.

I think the New blue and white striped shirts will take some getting used to especially when I had thought we were going to be playing in blue with Gold trim so that was a surprise but all in all a job well done against what looked like in all seriousness as an ill organised unmotivated bunch of Brighton Losers in their silly away kit of "Super-hero" black and yellow.

No disrespect intended but they'll last about 5 mins in theChampionshipp with an attitiude like that."

Brighton Hove Albion 3 - Chelsea 1 - CFCnet Forums - Page 2

(thanks to dingodan for alerting me to this rather wonderful post)

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Chelsea fan Mark Kelly;

"Another seriously great workout in the Florida Sun, there were a few players new to me that I hadn't seen before who were excellent.

I think the New blue and white striped shirts will take some getting used to especially when I had thought we were going to be playing in blue with Gold trim so that was a surprise but all in all a job well done against what looked like in all seriousness as an ill organised unmotivated bunch of Brighton Losers in their silly away kit of "Super-hero" black and yellow.

No disrespect intended but they'll last about 5 mins in theChampionshipp with an attitiude like that."

Brighton Hove Albion 3 - Chelsea 1 - CFCnet Forums - Page 2

(thanks to dingodan for alerting me to this rather wonderful post)

Pretty sure he's being ironic.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Great comment on last page

People underestimated Brighton, they are a very good footballing side who I think will be in the PL before long - but even so, it isn't acceptable for us to lose by that margin to a team like that, particularly when we are aspiring for the league this season. Let's just hope that we make the necessary signings to complete the team as quickly as possible and that RDM can turn this around.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's not my worry but I can't see Di Matteo still in charge by Xmas, There was an awful lot of money running around clueless against us and I fully expect Abramovitch to " review " the situation if they are not challenging on all fronts.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Chelsea don't seem to like any sort of pace against them. Buckley absolutely roasted them in the first half, Hazard was annonymous pretty much most of the game, thought 'fat' Frank's movement was good and took his goal well, but Torres was lost and if they don't sort it out will have a challenging season ahead. However, I really don't care and just enjoyed the game and how quiet their fans were by half-time......

Hope we can keep it up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're definately living on borrowed time with The Dagger, but I at least hope he'll be with us until season's end.
Deffo, January could well be a squeaky month, for us.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
posted this on the matchday thread, made me laugh anyway from a chelsea fan on twitter

Chelsea In America‏@CFCInAmerica

Well I guess a positive is that we won't have to play Brighton in the league this season.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's not my worry but I can't see Di Matteo still in charge by Xmas, There was an awful lot of money running around clueless against us and I fully expect Abramovitch to " review " the situation if they are not challenging on all fronts.

Agree with that. No doubt he motivated what was there last season but once new players come in under his say so then the results will need to be good.
Too many senior players calling him Robbie as if he is a mate for my liking when he was being touted for the job.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
Great comment on last page

People underestimated Brighton, they are a very good footballing side who I think will be in the PL before long - but even so, it isn't acceptable for us to lose by that margin to a team like that, particularly when we are aspiring for the league this season. Let's just hope that we make the necessary signings to complete the team as quickly as possible and that RDM can turn this around.

I was with a mate who is a Chelsea fan and he credited us as playing very well. Berated Chelsea for lack of passion and looking static with no impetus or fluidity, except for build up to first goal. He and many other supporters are worried they are not ready for the season ahead. Not my concern anyway but was so proud of the lads yesterday.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
"which one of these two teams is European Champions again" is another great comment on this thread.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Credit where it's due. I must say how surprisingly magnanimous the Chelsea fans on their fans sites have been. :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Is Frank lampard the only player to have scored at the Amex & the Goldstone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here