Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coming and goings of Managers!!

Sorry if this has been asked before!! :facepalm:

Was just wondering whether anyone thinks that some clubs have enquired about our Gus? Would find it hard to believe that they haven't!! I know that whenever there is a manager sacked (which is a daily occurrence at the moment) Gus's name is linked somewhere!! :angry:

I know he has said himself, that it would take something "out of this world" to tear him away from Brighton at the moment!! But would love to know if any club had enquired about him and whether they were politely told to sod off and to keep their dirty hands of our Gus!! :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I reckon most clubs have but then have been told to sod off by Bloom/Gus himself.

I probably doesnt reach "the papers" because it probably doesnt get past the "unofficial" stage.

By that I mean

ring ring

Hello Mr Bloom its xyz of ABC fc here. Is it worth making an official approach to Gus.

Bloom : not on your nelly already. He has as many bagels as he wants and unless you are Chelsea you got no chance.

ABC chairman : thank you we will look at another candidate then.

or

ring ring

Hello Gus its xyz of ABC fc here are you intersested in managing us.

Gus: unless you are chelsea then no I have a job to do here and I will finish it

ABC chairman : even if we quadrupled your money and gave you millions to spend

Gus: no thanks im going to finish what I started and I fully intend to lead the team out at falmer next season. Anyway do you mind my chips are getting cold.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
More of a case of compensation.Poyet and Tanno both on 4 years deals would be some hefty compo.

I'll doubt Bloom would hold Gus back if he wanted to go or speak to a club.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Same. I don't think Gus will want to speak to a club outside the top 6 though and I wouldn't have thought any club at that level is willing to give Gus the chance yet.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Think it's laughable how Gus seems to be linked to EVERY job going when he's been a manager for just over a year & achieved what exactly?

I'm sure other clubs with promising up & coming managers (Tisdale, Lambert, Hill, Grayson etc) don't start panicking every time a job comes up like ours do. And some of those mentioned have achieved more than Gus in their short careers too.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
More of a case of compensation.Poyet and Tanno both on 4 years deals would be some hefty compo.

Exactly. In fact dare I say Gus has said to Bloom unless its the Uruguay national team, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Barcelona then feel free to tell others to bog off.

I reckon most clubs have but then have been told to sod off by Bloom/Gus himself.

I probably doesnt reach "the papers" because it probably doesnt get past the "unofficial" stage.

By that I mean

ring ring

Hello Mr Bloom its xyz of ABC fc here. Is it worth making an official approach to Gus.

Bloom : not on your nelly already. He has as many bagels as he wants and unless you are Chelsea you got no chance.

ABC chairman : thank you we will look at another candidate then.

or

ring ring

Hello Gus its xyz of ABC fc here are you intersested in managing us.

Gus: unless you are chelsea then no I have a job to do here and I will finish it

ABC chairman : even if we quadrupled your money and gave you millions to spend

Gus: no thanks im going to finish what I started and I fully intend to lead the team out at falmer next season. Anyway do you mind my chips are getting cold.

Blimey! Do you work for the News of the Screws and have you been hacking voicemails again?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Think it's laughable how Gus seems to be linked to EVERY job going when he's been a manager for just over a year & achieved what exactly?

I'm sure other clubs with promising up & coming managers (Tisdale, Lambert, Hill, Grayson etc) don't start panicking every time a job comes up like ours do. And some of those mentioned have achieved more than Gus in their short careers too.

With the apparent casual abandon that clubs seem to fire managers at the moment - and their desperation not to get relegated from their relative leagues, it is of no surprise to me that any club would look around and see that we have one that is obviously up & coming, young, well known throughout the country and has a winning team, and could be wanting to take a punt. I would doubt anything lower than top 6 of the championship would interest him, but who knows what money anoher club could be in a position to offer and and promise for team building. Looks at Notts County appointing Sven last year - nothing is impossible, unlikely, but not impossible.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well despite some on here still saying he was approached by Chelsea for the assistant managers job (which he wasn't) I wouldn't have thought anyone would have tried. Well known he signed a long term deal in the summer and I imagine the compo would put anyone off unless they are top 10 premiership and none of them are looking at the moment. Why can't people chill and enjoy the ride, he has stated himself he wants to build something and would take a big offer to tempt him away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here