Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comical things that people shout out during the game that make you laugh...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
My mate during a Withdean game against Pompey (1-1 early kick off) when Yakubu was playing for Pompey and was racing clear. "stop the african.. STOP THE AFRICAN!!!!!" the last being high pitched and loud.

Also my own contribution, El-Abd against Orient shaping to shoot from 30 yards and me shouting "oh don't hit it" fearing it would ballon over the bar spoiling a good move. A second later the ball was hitting the back of the net in the top corner.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The weird fella, you might know him from the northern end of the south stand at Withdean (J/H), he always seems to sit near the away end (sits in south end (A/B) of the WSU now). He always tries to stare out the away fans, whilst pointing towards them, and has the weirdest taunts. Against Oldham last year all he kept shouting was "Is the all you bring AWAY!!! Is the ALL you bring AWAY!!!" as if the fans could hear him and respond. And aganist Blackpool this year he was going "You're NOT Tangerine, you're ORANGE!!!" repeatedly before calling them 'a fake Holland!!'. That was genius though, unfortunately I think the stewards have told him to shut it during that game as he was going totally over the top, haven't heard from hin since though I've seen him in the concourse.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Must have been 2005/6 ish season. Home game, we had a sikh lino along the touchline closest to South stand at withers. Away team player has off ball incident with albion player to which man stands up at shouts 'oi lino, go seek him out' to which he called the ref over and the bloke was sent off. I laughed for the rest of the game

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
In the Goldstone days we where playing Everton and one of there players was getting a bit gobby.

In the excitement my Dad (God bless him) shouts "Book him for discontent".

He meant descent!

Bloke next to us replies "If that's the case the ref could book all of them".

I'll go and get my coat, I can hear the tumbleweed blowing in.

Actually he would have meant "dissent" unless he was going down.

Two funnies I remember for Withers, though you probably has to be there. For the first game where they game away those plasitc blue & white ponchos, there was an old guy walking down he stairs near us in the E block of the south stand, from the back you couldn't see anything of the bloke, just the poncho, and some guy started singing "you're just a slow moving iceberg, slow moving icccce-berg, you're just a slow moving iceberg"

Another one we had there, cant remember who we were playing but I guess we were winning at the time, when (I presume) a very young lad, with a high voice, started singing from the back "you're pants and you know you are ....." - it was the high voice singing on it's own that made it funny at the time.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One classic from the Goldstone days. A very scruffy opposition player I can't remember and someone in the North shouted "Oi you scruffy ****, did your mum dress you in the dark?"

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
the funniest thing i have ever seen, and i know i have said it before, was my mum's boyfriend, The Richieman (and no he doesn't lurk mysteriously around blind sculptors whilst singing at them) losing control of his hand for a moment and pouring the remnants of a bottle of Yazoo strawberry milkshake on his own moustachioed face as we went to drink it. This was at the Withers. It must have been a spasm of sorts, but he seemed at war with his hand and the hand with its pink milky weapon was easily winning. When the bottle was empty and his moustache sat damply on his face dribbling the last few dairy fruit droplets to the floor he stilled in amazement, his eyes a lactose glaze and evil hand aquiver in trophy-shaking victory. My sister leant over to check he was ok, but i, of course, gave him no pity and nearly wet myself immediately.

My friend Sir Charles, also, shouted "Referee blow your watch!" at Selhurst in the dying seconds of our McShane victory, which i remind him of every two months or so.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
At Withers against Watford a few years back there was a nasty clash of heads leaving a Watford defender laid out on the touchline right in front of Albion fans in the South Stand.

After a lengthy interruption their Physio gradually revived the player who still looked quite groggy. There were lots of 'helpful' comments from the home fans but I particularly liked just as the Physio was holding the players head and looking into his eyes while holding up fingers to check his vision some wag among the Albion fans called out 'Whats your name?', quick as a flash another wag answered out 'Bobby Zamora'........the crowd, lots of the players on both sides and even their physio laughed. The crowd's humour was helped by us being 4-0 up at the time and the real Bobby Z had played a blinder.

Since then whenever someone bumps their head my Mrs. calls out 'Whats his name - Bobby Zamora'.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As i remember it was a hint of Scottish now you mention it :lol:
That's Scottish John,used to sit in the North stand at Withers a couple of rows down from the wooden shed...also a real ale fan.

Back in the late 60's we had two home games on the trot,the first game we were entertained by a dance troop before K.O....(todays gullys girls). The following weekend we had a league match and Albion were dire to say the least,running around like headless chickens...the ground was in silence...suddenly a voice boomed out "C'mon Albion...the Fecking dancing was last week"!! cue laughter all round.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That's Scottish John,used to sit in the North stand at Withers a couple of rows down from the wooden shed...also a real ale fan.

Back in the late 60's we had two home games on the trot,the first game we were entertained by a dance troop before K.O....(todays gullys girls). The following weekend we had a league match and Albion were dire to say the least,running around like headless chickens...the ground was in silence...suddenly a voice boomed out "C'mon Albion...the Fecking dancing was last week"!! cue laughter all round.

Why do they call him Scottish John ?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
the funniest thing i have ever seen, and i know i have said it before, was my mum's boyfriend, The Richieman (and no he doesn't lurk mysteriously around blind sculptors whilst singing at them) losing control of his hand for a moment and pouring the remnants of a bottle of Yazoo strawberry milkshake on his own moustachioed face as we went to drink it. This was at the Withers. It must have been a spasm of sorts, but he seemed at war with his hand and the hand with its pink milky weapon was easily winning. When the bottle was empty and his moustache sat damply on his face dribbling the last few dairy fruit droplets to the floor he stilled in amazement, his eyes a lactose glaze and evil hand aquiver in trophy-shaking victory. My sister leant over to check he was ok, but i, of course, gave him no pity and nearly wet myself immediately.

Brilliant.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember from a game against Orient a few years ago I was sat in the far end of the South Stand nearest the away fans when an Orient fan started pointing at someone in the South Stand and shouting

"Oi Fatty"
"Fatty"
"Oi Fatty"
"Yeah you fatty"
Fatty
etc etc

Not sure if anyone knew who was being yelled at but very funny to hear this one voice

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
The guy behind us in WSU calls Vicente 'my little Spanish omelette' whenever he gets the ball.

I really like this it could go something like

little Spanish omelette
he is our little Spanish omelette
oh Vicenteeeeeeeeeeee
he is our little Spanish omelette

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I remember the guy with the megaphone at the Man City game shouting random things at Casper Schmeichel, one of which was 'Oi Casper your Dad's got a red nose'

Also remember a game at Gillingham when the linesman had particularly big ears and someone shouted 'Oi lino tuck your ears in I can't see the match'

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
" Get into em , f*** em up " ????????
Is the most cringeworthy shout yet in the Northstand and is normally shouted, I have found by people in a pub in my town ( which I won't mention the name of) who don't even like footbal,l when they have no choice but to watch an England match that is on when they happen to go to the pub.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
At Ninian Park a few seasons ago the home fans were singing "What's it like to shag a bloke?" I shouted back: "It's great, you should try it sometimes" and then I pointed at some random bloke and said "Especially with him"

There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Unfortunately my darling daughter decided to shout "It's nice to know you're here, now F*** Off" when there was a lull in play, when she was just 20 months old.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
At the Goldstone; after being tackled rather ferociously, Frank Worthington squared up to his opponent - their heads inches apart.
A wag in the crowd shouted 'Breathe on him Frank!'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here