Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comic Relief in the office.......

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
What is going on at yours......

Every year!! I have now had to have me hair sprayed red and people wandering about trying to be funny!

:nono: :shootself

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Cheer up. IT'S FOR CHARITY :jester:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Just an observation - why do people donate more money to help causes outside our homeland than inside??

Not dissing comic relief at all - its a great idea for fund rasising and usually a good laugh at the same time....

but what about all the problems in our own country which need assistance?? we can't find money for our local charities etc, but we can find millions for other causes??

(a) Comic Relief does give a large part of its proceeds to UK-based charidees.

(b) We are one of the richest nations on earth - we should be giving more money to poorer nations shouldn't we.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Surely with the amount of money donated to the Tsunami appearl people will not be donating as much as usual.

Why do some people feel the need for comic relief before they donate? And then they go around telling me how pious and holier than thou they are because I refuse to join in.

They don't hear me going around every month telling exactly how much the standing orders I have to charities have taken this month but they tell me I'm stingy because I won't give to CR.

I contribute to my own causes thank you, quietly and without the need to wear it as a badge of supposed pride.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
captainmorganrum said:
(a) Comic Relief does give a large part of its proceeds to UK-based charidees.

(b) We are one of the richest nations on earth - we should be giving more money to poorer nations shouldn't we.

(a) Didn't know that...

(b) yes of course but at the expense of our own causes? or medical research or even to assist the NHS?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Soton Seagull said:
to compound my misery a load of falsely cheerful people are trying to make me buy every lump of homemade shit on sale.

:lolol: :lolol:

I've already eaten 6 cakes, I cant eat any more......

:lolol:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I have some prick coming in and out of my office every ten minutes shouting Comic Relief and blowing on a miniture trumpet. He has a big red nose and a f***ing children in need tie on with that f***ing great bear Puddles or whatever its name is.

I f***ing hate Comic relief with all these C list TV celebs crying in Africa and talking about how we need to give more oney.

See them at the Brits, boozing away frittering away tens of thousands of pounds on rubbish.

Elton John needs a good f***ing hiding. Appearing on a charity do and spending 250k on flowers each year.

Wanker. I give a bit, not much and we should be left to that of our own accord and it is private.

But to listen to that Syrup-wearing Fatso drivelling on about giving more cash makes my stomach turn.

Robbie mush brain Williams tells me to give what ever I can Make a sacrifice for the starving children.

Tell you what Williams sell your f***ing great mansion and donate the cash if it troubles you that much.

Bunch of tossers. Try and pretend they care about the world as the shovel christs knows what up their noses and live in a world so detached from reality its a wonder they know how to take a shit.

wankers.:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
In our office we are today allowed to wear our Favourite sports kit for a £1. I am sat here in the Palookaville top or as a Villa fan has pointed out

'What does that say Peodophille (sp) ?

Brummie's eh.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Nothing happening here, and as its an odd numbered year, we don't have the RTE People In Need this year (thank f*** for that)

However, when we do have People In Need, its just as bad, except substitute red for blue...

Oh, and whats worse is that the main sponsor hijacks it, so all the crap has Eircom logos all over it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
tedebear said:
Just an observation - why do people donate more money to help causes outside our homeland than inside??

Not dissing comic relief at all - its a great idea for fund rasising and usually a good laugh at the same time....

but what about all the problems in our own country which need assistance?? we can't find money for our local charities etc, but we can find millions for other causes??

Well i can't speak for anyone else but the reasons I give to foriegn charadees are as follows

i don't agree that less is given to uk charity.

My money goes further, £10 does sod all in the uk but could make a life changing difference in africa

I don't feel any greater affinity with someone I don't know in Birmingham than someone I don't know in Ghana.

Whatever I may think of the NHS our current govt etc ,our basic needs are met in the uk. In the third world you can't take clean water, health care , food or shelter for granted as we do in the Uk

I don't like the way some of my fellow countrymen will happily donate to the RSPCA or Donkey Sanctuaries or save the Newt but complain about being asked for a pound cos it may go to an African wile there are still waiting lists n the NHS.

Please note these are my views and I accept that people may not agree with part or all of what I've said.

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It's a shame that it takes something like Comic Relief to spark people into action about poverty!

I've got some twat sat next to me in the office today moaning that the money is going to Affica when there are problems over here....

Even after making him watch the following video

http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/video3.html

To which he said they could be actors.... :nono: :nono: :nono:

Some people!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My biggest gripe with red nose day is having lenny f***ing henry on the telly all the time.

Look you boring twat, being black and shouting alot does not make you funny. In fact you have as much right to front the event as Hale and Pace.

Last edited:

E

enigma

Digweeds Trousers said:
I have some prick coming in and out of my office every ten minutes shouting Comic Relief and blowing on a miniture trumpet. He has a big red nose and a f***ing children in need tie on with that f***ing great bear Puddles or whatever its name is.

Bit harsh on the bear!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here