Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy Football

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Couldn't give a shit Terry, I really couldn't! Our league form suffered big time due to the long Carling Cup run. 99% sure we will be in the same league next year and any of you lot that think finishing 2 or 3 places above us is better than taking 4 points of your fiercest rivals is a liar.

Oct 25, 2003
Couldn't give a shit Terry, I really couldn't! Our league form suffered big time due to the long Carling Cup run. 99% sure we will be in the same league next year and any of you lot that think finishing 2 or 3 places above us is better than taking 4 points of your fiercest rivals is a liar.

nope not for me.......not lying, just different opinions

for me league position shows who the better team is....not two games

was annoying to lose at the amex, but our performances over the bulk of the season have more than made up for it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brez is going to be slaughtered on here in the coming week, and NSC will conveniently forget that he has been tremendous for us in the past month.
D

Did you go to Millwall midweek ? He has been just about ok up till then and since then has been dodgy. I`m not ripping into him just saying he is ordinary at best at this level. He is a f***ing giant but still punches balls that are his to just catch.There was a reason he became no 2.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
any of you lot that think finishing 2 or 3 places above us is better than taking 4 points of your fiercest rivals is a liar.

Few care if you lose a battle, but still end up winning the war.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Total humiliation. I know it's Liverpool, I know they've got some great players, but we should have been able to compete more than we did and our defensive calamities were almost entirely self-inflicted. Embarrassing performance from every single player and I would be happy if I never saw Navarro, Barnes, Calderon, Brezovan and Vokes again.

Unbelievable to lump Vokes into that group! I'm still waiting for the day when we get a 4-4-2 with CMS and Vokes up front, neither can be properly judged until then imho, amazed with CMS' patience and commitment since he signed for us.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
You represented the good name of Championship today and you have disgraced it. Shame on you!

P.s 3-1

Thick ****

1 Southampton 32 26 59
2 West Ham 30 16 57
3 Reading 31 12 54
4 Cardiff 32 11 53
5 Blackpool 31 14 52
6 Birmingham 30 20 51
7 Hull 30 6 50
8 Middlesbrough 30 4 50
9 Brighton 31 3 49
10 Leeds United 32 4 48
11 Burnley 32 7 47
12 Crystal Palace 31 3 43

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Vokes - slow, average control, doesn't threaten the goal anywhere near enough, not particularly strong considering he's fairly big. He's like a much better version of Billy Paynter, but that's still not good enough. I'm amazed we're playing this chump ahead of CMS. Why do you see it any differently?

He's a completely different type of player to CMS which is why they should both play together. As much as it's easy to criticise target players for their lack of pace, lack of a quick turn etc they are an important part of the game if used correctly. CMS was being made to play a role up until the end of January that was certainly not his strong point (lone striker effectively) and a target man was needed, said target man is brought in and then CMS is benched. I'm not saying Vokes is/will be the answer but he and CMS need a chance to play together.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
D

Did you go to Millwall midweek ? He has been just about ok up till then and since then has been dodgy. I`m not ripping into him just saying he is ordinary at best at this level. He is a f***ing giant but still punches balls that are his to just catch.There was a reason he became no 2.

It's funny you should say that...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
A little perspective here the positives:
We had the better of the midfield battle against international quality,
We held possession well and Did not look out of place for most of the game

Negatives:
We cannot finish
Our defence were woeful except for Greer
Did we have a goalkeeper playing, however Ankergen is no better we need a decent keeper and quick?

We went to win the game and got catch out once they were ahead we were caught chasing the game I am disappointed in the result but strangely not with the performance to me it emphasised the fact going up this year is a Year too early (I will take it if it comes) but we are moving in the right direction.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We just cannot deal with teams pressing us hard in defence. Brez couldn't distribute the ball to the same standard as normal. Also, personally, I would start CMS over Barnes every day of the week.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
We just cannot deal with teams pressing us hard in defence. Brez couldn't distribute the ball to the same standard as normal. Also, personally, I would start CMS over Barnes every day of the week.

You certainly aren't alone there. I'm not in the slating players camp but Barnes is probably our third/fourth choice centre forward so how he suddenly becomes first pick in midfield is beyond me. Navarro certainly has his uses in midfield, him and Bridcutt have put in some very solid performances this season when played together (interesting that for a few games after the palace/leeds defensive debacle Poyet started playing them both together to allow us to be more solid in midfield with great success) but he certainly shouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up if the players we have brought in live up to their potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here