Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comedy Football

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I left after the fourth goal. Bet Gus is f***ed off as any chairmen watching will have crossed his name out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is no excuse for today's game. He was terrible. He got worse as the game went on. His honeymoon period is over. Along with his Albion career after that
He was no more poor than the rest of our back four was he? He punched twice when he shouldn't have and was pulled out of position for one of the goals. But the only defender who looked any good at the back was Greer IMO.

But lets have some perspective. Liverpool can spend £20m, £35m and another £20m etc on players. They are one of the biggest clubs in the country. They are not a benchmark for Premiership survival, and we lived with them in that first half. I just can't explain why we fell apart so easily in the second.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Comedy football ? it made me laugh ! Maybe it will serve as a reality check for some of yous .

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Exactly the same thing happened with Brez last year against Stoke. He was truly shite today and can't cope with any real pressure.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Brez is going to be slaughtered on here in the coming week, and NSC will conveniently forget that he has been tremendous for us in the past month.

Indeed, indeed.

Certainly not helped by the defence being in tatters.

The test of our mettle will be to bounce back from this.

To quote the evergreen Rocky Balboa...

"But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth"

City

Feb 17, 2012
Manchester City FC
I'm surprised he still hasn't learned that
1) Brez sucks
2) To NOT play tippy-tappy crap round the defence against teams like Liverpool - it's how we got caught earlier on this season against Liverpool.

Tippy tappy football works. In fact it can be said that it's more effective than traditional English football.

However, you need someone that can play a killer pass, or killer through ball to be incisive with this style of football. If not, it just becomes pass training.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Gus already knew the defence isn't Prem class having already brought in Reyes & Mattock. Plus the centre midfield is a bit lightweight hence Razak to help Bridders out. I also think Gus knows the keepers aren't up to it either. Today has just helped his case when he asks Tony Bloom to open his wallet ahead of next season but in return there may have to be a bit of a clear out to help balance the books.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Brez is going to be slaughtered on here in the coming week, and NSC will conveniently forget that he has been tremendous for us in the past month.

Really? didn't you see the Milwall game. He has done ok but how can a 6ft 7" fella not catch a cross. We desperately need a new keeper! Both Brez and Casper are not up to it!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He was no more poor than the rest of our back four was he? He punched twice when he shouldn't have and was pulled out of position for one of the goals. But the only defender who looked any good at the back was Greer IMO.

But lets have some perspective. Liverpool can spend £20m, £35m and another £20m etc on players. They are one of the biggest clubs in the country. They are not a benchmark for Premiership survival, and we lived with them in that first half. I just can't explain why we fell apart so easily in the second.

I accept that Liverpool are a massive club. But Brezovan is still rubbish. He had a few good games and people started getting excited. He is League 1 standard at best.

Oct 25, 2003
Comedy football ? it made me laugh ! Maybe it will serve as a reality check for some of yous .

reality check about what? obviously our current team isn't premiership class, but it is certainly a very good championship team, as has been shown by the fact that we've been in and around the play-offs all season

seeing as the bulk of our team was playing in league 1 last year, i'm not sure what we're supposed to be having a reality check about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here