Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on then Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Come on then Steve

Uncle Buck said:
Did Kuipers refuse to sit on the bench.

Yes, by not accepting the manager's decision, he ruled himself out of the squad. You just can't pick players who are brazenly defying the manager.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And as well, who is to say that Wilkins hasn't said to him "I've been told I've more or less got the job, and you are now my number 2". Would be bad man-management, but we don't know at this stage. To accuse Hendo of making the decision based purely on saturday's selection seems wrong to me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Dies Irae said:
Lets hear all the shit you threw at Kuipers about throwing toys out of the pram etc etc etc , now to be said about your blue eyed boy Mr Henderson

A transfer request is slightly different. He hasn't had a massive argument with the manager (as far as we know).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:
I could actually bounce the post where I said I would have respected FDM if he'd handed in a transfer request and then sat loyally on our bench while the details of that were worked out. But that would take a few seconds on NSC search and David isn't worth the effort.

Oooh get you. Handbags!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Come on then Steve

London Irish said:
Yes, by not accepting the manager's decision, he ruled himself out of the squad. You just can't pick players who are brazenly defying the manager.

But surely handing in a transfer request could be construde the same way.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like he was on the bench for the Burnley game after being dropped;

Football League Championship - KO 19:45
Brighton 0 (0) - 0(0) Burnley

At Withdean Stadium on 31-01-2006

Brighton: Henderson ,El-Abd ,McShane ,Butters ,Lynch ,Reid ,Carpenter ,Hammond ,Frutos ,Hart ,Carole (Kazim-Richards ,53)
Subs not used: Kuipers,Mayo,Robinson,Loft,

Burnley: Jensen ,Duff ,McGreal ,Sinclair ,Harley ,Elliott (McCann ,80 ) ,Hyde ,James O'Connor ,Garreth O'Connor (Spicer ,89 ) ,Branch ,Ricketts
Subs not used Karbassiyoon,Noel-Williams,Courtney,

Bookings: Harley ,Ricketts ,Sinclair (Burnley)

Attendance: 6267

Referee: Kevin Wright (Cambridgeshire)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He was also on the bench at Southampton after it all kicked off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ATFC Seagull said:
I don't see how allegedly putting in a transfer request is even slightly on a par with the way Kuipers reacted last year.

Its all about loyalty seemly!

isnt it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not worth the effort

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Dies Irae said:
Its all about loyalty seemly!

isnt it?

Yeah I agree to an extent, I'd like to have an entire squad of players who are committed to the club for an indefinite period of time and I think its great that a large majority of our players I think do fall into that category.

But it is a career and these days more than ever a lot of players are always looking ahead, in reality most of them would like to move on at some stage. Its not ideal for the atmosphere of the squad, but I don't think its a problem for a player to say "I think the right time to move on is now", PROVIDED they remain professional and give 100% effort.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
jesus! dropped for one game for an experienced keeper who played well in place of him and he's demanding a transfer? I'm not going to have a go at the fella or accuse him of being disloyal but it seems like a bit of an overreaction (if true).

Commander said:
Oooh get you. Handbags!

f*** off - I'm sick and tired of pathetic threads like this. There was a perfecly reasonable thread on NSC discussing the Hendo transfer. We didn't need this pile of shit.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Agreed. I don't like this trend appearing where posters direct threads at another poster. Lets keep it in the discussion threads or PMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here