Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

come on then , once and for all AMEX or FALMER stadium

what are you calling our new home

• Total voters

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
ya thats it, A...MEX not AM...MEX

this is what i have been calling it but people keep correcting me so im trying my best to call it the (am)ex :lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'll need a Kleenex on my first visit to the Amex coz I'm gonna wazz all over my seat :D

That's what all the plastic covers are for:thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
(am)ex just sounds to gay and (Am)erican to me... (a)mex it is, was and always will be!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(am)ex just sounds to gay and (Am)erican to me... (a)mex it is, was and always will be!

I think there's confusion at the options here, as '(a)mex' is the American one to me, where the 'a' is pronounced the same as if you said 'BHAFC'.

I voted for '(am)ex' where the 'a' is pronounced the same as in 'apple'.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I think there's confusion at the options here, as '(a)mex' is the American one to me, where the 'a' is pronounced the same as if you said 'BHAFC'.

I voted for '(am)ex' where the 'a' is pronounced the same as in 'apple'.
Yeah I think A Mex sounds proper yankyish... Sounds like a f***ing new guided weapons system theyve invented or something.... "tonight we hit multiple enemy bunkers with 200lb guided aymex warheads" haha please fellas don't call it A Mex !!!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Well I work at Amex and I never say , I'm off to Amex . Just off to work.

When talking to our liason people here at work I am under pain of death to refer to it in any other name than 'The Amex'. However with family , Falmer still creeps out .

Just seems odd working at Amex and calling Falmer the Amex .

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Falmex or Gus Poyets love palace. I am not sure yet

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If people wish to name the stadium after a a diversified global financial services company with headquarters in New York City then thats up to them.
I shall be calling it Falmer in account of the fact thats where it is - on the edge of a village with a rather nice duck pond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here