Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on Russell.....Sign someone !!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fed up with hearing about other clubs being very active in the transfer market and all I read about us is 'Owusu signs 2 year deal at Adelaide Utd'. Come on for Gods sake !!!!!!:angry:

Why? Just so you've got something to talk about on NSC?

More interested in him signing the right players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There is no point in signing players for the sake of it , we dont want anymore Jonny Dixon's at the club , do we ? :thumbsup:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Go on Russell, go out and sign anybody who is out of contract just to keep a few people happy. However, bear in mind that it will be the same people gripeing when these signing prove to be no good.

Nobody is suggesting he does this - or at least I'm not. But the lack of transfer activity is worrying. After all, pre-season training is not far off. Hopefully, Slade has a cunning plan greatly to improve the squad in the next week or so. However, If we are still "new-playerless" in two weeks' time I really will start to panic about our prospects in the coming season.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Just a thought, so all these clubs signing players, their managers don't go on holiday or just go earlier?

Most managers give their chairmen a list of the players they want and they sort it out with the respective chairmen. This 'Don't worry Slade's on holiday' is a bit of a diversion

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Most managers give their chairmen a list of the players they want and they sort it out with the respective chairmen. This 'Don't worry Slade's on holiday' is a bit of a diversion

OK, Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted a few weeks ago,he is not on holiday and guess what he has yet to sign anyone.

Are Burnley fans pannicking?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest I dont think ANY club has been really prolific in the market...well apart from Real Madrid.

Anyhow lets wait till 1st July as isnt that the start of the transfer window? Besides which Im sure we may have people lined up - it just hasnt been broadcast yet!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
OK, Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted a few weeks ago,he is not on holiday and guess what he has yet to sign anyone.

Are Burnley fans pannicking?

I think the point Seagull Special was making that it is the chairman that does the deals, so perhaps the Burnley chairman is on holiday.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I think the point Seagull Special was making that it is the chairman that does the deals, so perhaps the Burnley chairman is on holiday.
Fair point mate;
However Burnley fans will be happy with promotion and will be patient.We should all be happy that we avoided relegation,gave Mr Slade a contract,got taken over by a billionaire,funding in place for Falmer and very shortly a new look squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here