Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on lets have some bloody optimism!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we play to our best we'll 'given a game, alright'.

I just have a gut feeling we'll shoot ourselves in the foot, as seems to be the habit for really big games.

If Greer and El Abd played more times against little nippy forwards, I'd be happier about tomorrow.
But as they are not The Championship Way, that's where I think we'll struggle.

Our 9 other players could definitely pull out a shock.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The more people who think we will win will moan when we dont after the game !!!

That said, people said Newcastle would smash us and they slightly didnt - im going 2-1 Arsenal if they play a full line-up - if its a weak team then we will snatch a win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The more people who think we will win will moan when we dont after the game !!!

Nah, not this weekend.
Even if we put up a Liverpool-esque comedy of error, I can't the moaning.
Lets face it, nobody is expecting us to bitch the game for 70 minutes then allow Arsenal back in.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Nah, not this weekend.
Even if we put up a Liverpool-esque comedy of error, I can't the moaning.
Lets face it, nobody is expecting us to bitch the game for 70 minutes then allow Arsenal back in.

Our vocal minority certainly will, notice how WW and Mutts Nuts to name a couple havent been seen since we were losing against Blackburn - they will still find a reason to moan and for that id love us to win !!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
This is a game that we could easily win if the wrong Arsenal turn up. Their fans don't know which side will turn up from game to game and I've posted on another thread IMO CMS may hold the key to an Albion victory because their centre defence doesn't like pace, hope he's got his scoring boots on tomorrow. Also WB needs to play from the start cause Gibbs is not a good fullback and those infront of him don't cover so push him back and there could be panick at times in their defence, let's have a real go at them, we've got the forwards to do it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd love a draw and a short trip to the Emirates... hope for a win obviously but a draw would be fine by me.

PS: Why are there 5 stars next to the forum link for this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our vocal minority certainly will, notice how WW and Mutts Nuts to name a couple havent been seen since we were losing against Blackburn - they will still find a reason to moan and for that id love us to win !!
Oh come on, they don't count! :lol:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Arsenal need a trophy and the cup is the only chance they have so they are likely to put out a strong side,hope Thomas is in goal,that should keep the score down to a reasonable total,we are going to have a top gate so more cash in the bank,cant be all bad.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'd love a draw and a short trip to the Emirates... hope for a win obviously but a draw would be fine by me.

PS: Why are there 5 stars next to the forum link for this?

This is a high quality, limited edition thread.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm optimistic they are there for the taking the Gooners seem to be more optimistic about us winning than we are, wonder who we went in the next round?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Think you'll find Withdean Wanderer is currently serving a ban.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
if Arsenal play well they can take teams apart but they rarely seem to be at their best. I'm expecting to watch us knock out another premiership side

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here