Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come on, lets get this Brezovan chant sorted out...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Surely you should still get behind him and hope he succeeds rather than making up songs to slag him off. Or are you one of the Kuipers club who can't accept that another keeper can play for the club and slags off any keeper who dares to displace the legendary Michel? Attitudes like that make me hope that Kuipers is released so people can get over their obsession with him and we can support all our goalkeepers.

For the record, Brezovan has kept 9 clean sheets in 20 games for us this season and Poyet and the majority of the fans clearly rate him.

I do rate Kuipers & always have..., I wouldnt say I was in any club though.

I have seen Brezovan play on countless occassions and he doesnt fill me with confidence to be honest. Its not about accepting anyone else, its about replacing Kuipers with someone of merit and not just settling for a freebie GK and thats what I feel weve done.

In regards to the majority of fans rating him,im not sure where you've got that impression from, lets just get one thing straight, Northstand chat opinions are not the majority.

Making up a comedy couple of lines, does not make me clueless or Kuipers obsessed, it makes me someone with an opinion and my opinion is we could do better if were going to be a top 2 side which is what our chairman has stated he wants.

I will though trust in Poyet's judgement even if I dont agree with it, but then again I dont have to agree with it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think they are biased at all. Not one bit.

Roberts, Sullivan, Smith, Henderson, Brezovan, Royce, etc are/were just all terrible.

Probably.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Roberts, Sullivan, Smith, Henderson, Brezovan, Royce, etc are/were just all terrible.

Probably.

Roberts was class.
Sullivan didnt get a chance.
Smith looked dodgy.
Henderson looked dodgy.
Royce was good.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I do rate Kuipers & always have..., I wouldnt say I was in any club though.

I have seen Brezovan play on countless occassions and he doesnt fill me with confidence to be honest. Its not about accepting anyone else, its about replacing Kuipers with someone of merit and not just settling for a freebie GK and thats what I feel weve done.

In regards to the majority of fans rating him,im not sure where you've got that impression from, lets just get one thing straight, Northstand chat opinions are not the majority.

Making up a comedy couple of lines, does not make me clueless or Kuipers obsessed, it makes me someone with an opinion and my opinion is we could do better if were going to be a top 2 side which is what our chairman has stated he wants.

I will though trust in Poyet's judgement even if I dont agree with it, but then again I dont have to agree with it.

I agree we should all trust Poyet's judgement, especially as it hasn't even been confirmed whether Kuipers is staying or not and, if he goes, we don't know if Poyet regards Brezovan as number one or two. All I was saying is that this is meant to be a positive thread about Brezovan trying to find a song to support him with and adding your own hilarious effort to slag him off was unnecessary (and a classic example of what some Kuipers obsessed fans on here would do whether you would regard yourself as part of that or not).

As for rating Brezovan, I think the majority of fans both on here and in general rate him highly. I wasn't sure at first but he has definitely won me over since coming back in the side. He has been a major part of a defence that has become pretty solid in the last third of the season and in my view is better than Kuipers off his line and with distribution (I think their shot stopping is about even).

Overall, I think Brezovan has definitely deserved a two year contract and hopefully he will come back next year even better, having had a pre season which he didn't this year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sullivan DID get a chance. And did enough to prove that he had a lot of talent to work on.

Away at Leicester last year was the single best goalkeeping display I've seen in nearly 30 years of following the Albion. One particular save from Fryatt that night was RIDICULOUS.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Definitely stick with the old one:

Bezovan, Brez-o-van, Brezovan, Brez-o-van, Painting master pieces, Brezovan, brez-o-van!!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Sullivan DID get a chance. And did enough to prove that he had a lot of talent to work on.

Away at Leicester last year was the single best goalkeeping display I've seen in nearly 30 years of following the Albion. One particular save from Fryatt that night was RIDICULOUS.

He made about 17 appearences overall in 6 years of being with the club. So most of it was spits and spurts to be honest.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Absolutely. Which is as good a reason as any for him to be released. The abuse most of our other keepers have had since Kuipers has come in from some of his worshippers is just ridiculous.

Probably.

Who are these worshippers of which you speak? I could probably name half a dozen posters who constantly slag MK off, but I can only think of 1 who worships him.(& that is probably tongue in cheek)

For the record, Brez is fine by me but Finchley, it's starting to look like it's you with the agenda rather than these 'worshippers'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He made about 17 appearences overall in 6 years of being with the club. So most of it was spits and spurts to be honest.

He didn't make his debut until last season, so if he made 17 appearances then they were all last year, rather than spread out.

I liked him, and thought we should have persevered with him. Remember the televised game at Shrewsbury. Totally dominant that night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus it's only a song. And it doesn't look like Kuipers will be here to get offended anyway.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Someone (can't remember who, but I'm no plagiariser, t'wasnt me) put something along these lines...

Brezovan, Brezovan,
He's the Albion's Spiderman
Six Foot Six
Stops Attacks
He's Not Czech, he's Slovak
Look ouuuuut
It's Peter Brezovan

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Someone (can't remember who, but I'm no plagiariser, t'wasnt me) put something along these lines...

Brezovan, Brezovan,
Six Foot Six
Stops Attacks
Look ouuuuut
It's Peter Brezovan

I think that's half and half of the two verses I rustled up a couple of weeks ago...the first one I already posted on this thread, now if only I could remember the second :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, I just found the second verse, buried deep in the NSC April archives. Ahem *clears throat*

Brezovan, Brezovan
Catches crosses like Superman
Like a wall
At the back
He's not Czech
He's Slovak
So hands up
For Peter Brezovan

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

My only thing with that is that people seem to try and adapt it, no matter how badly, for various players. It's nice to have a few different songs.

The "drinking pints of sherry" effort for Calderon is terrible, IMHO.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19

Brezovan, Brezovan,
Six Foot Six
Stops Attacks
Look ouuuuut
It's Peter Brezovan

Love it.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
In my head I can hear the rap bit from sheriff fatman by carter th unstoppable sex machine.
You know the bit that goes6 foot 6 and ne hundre tons.?

I'm sure Edna or Twinkle toes could do something creative with the bit at 1 minute 10?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM__XvVDvH4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here