Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come Fly with Me

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
CFWM was OK. As some said, bits were funny but I thought alot was very predictable and obvious. Royale Family I sometimes struggle with but thought was good this time. Blackadder goes without saying is awesome but know it so well.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was really looking forward to Come Fly With Me, unfortunately it was shit.

Excellent summary there, Timbo.

BBC3 on a Monday night at best, certainly not worthy of peak time BBC1, Christmas Day.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that anybody who's seen the various airport and airline series can see the humour in CFWM. It's a parody and you can clearly recognise quite a few of the characters. Some were very close to the original person.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Come Fly With Me is only funny if you have watched any of the airline docu series.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Come Fly With Me is only funny if you have watched any of the airline docu series.

A reviewer on the radio said the same thing but also pointed out that it was 16 years since Airport with Jeremy Spake was first aired so CFWM is a bit late.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Come fly with me was appalling! Think i sniggered once. Sketches were either just not funny or totally predictable. Looks like Lucas and Walliams have disappeared up their own arses and no one has the guts to tell them they're even less funny than they used to be.

Royle family was a lot better. The Desmond Tutu/Shaun Wright-Phillips line had my lot absolutely pissing ourselves.

I will go along with all of that. CFWM was utter utter tosh.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I really wanted to like it but found it a bit racist and just generally unfunny. Royale Family on the other hand was superb!

Biscuit, dont you feel your just a little too sensitive. thought they were both brilliant !! Lighten up mate, you mention racist, you could also claim they were ageist. Its comedy and harmless at that, cue your left wing rant !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A reviewer on the radio said the same thing but also pointed out that it was 16 years since Airport with Jeremy Spake was first aired so CFWM is a bit late.

The docu series about Sleazyjet is also several years old.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Thought it was ok, not as funny as the Royle family though. Have to disagree that come fly with me was racist though, playing a character that happens to be black or asian does not make it racist surely? Yes, they play a stereotype but in the same way they play a sterotypical dumb blonde, old person or chav.

Last edited:

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I thought the Royale Family was okay at best, it had the odd great line but it was below par compared to previous episodes. CFWM was painfully unfunny, the airport documentaries themselves are funnier. Poor Tv viewing from BBC.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Wanted to turn it off after 30 seconds, but sat through it knowing the jewel that is Miranda would follow soon after. Perhaps embarrassment is better coming from the ladies?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
CFWM was bollox, I felt it was just an advert for the BBC's make up and wardrobe departments.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not a Royle Family fan but it was very good last night.

CFWM looks about 15 years out of date for a spoof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here