Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come Fly with Me

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Watched this tonight. Don't know if it's the best part of two bottles of Shiraz inside me but I found it funny. Looking forward to the next one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought it has great potential, easy target to spoof and some great characters.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I really wanted to like it but found it a bit racist and just generally unfunny. Royale Family on the other hand was superb!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I liked the fact that a lot of it was so politically incorrect. The asian guy trying to pull the hostess in his "wheels" (buggy) made me laugh out loud. Anyone who has ever flown Easy Jet or (especially) Ryanair will know exactly where they are coming from.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A load of tedious asanine shite.

And I can't be the only person who finds blacking yourself up and acting to stereotypes unacceptable.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I really wanted to like it but found it a bit racist and just generally unfunny. Royale Family on the other hand was superb!

Posts crossed. It was a bit racist but I found myself laughing where I probably shouldn't be. (I have been on the red). Caught the end of Royale family. Don't normally watch it but I laughed at the ashes in the dyson and the guy being forced to proposing to his girlfriend because he had told so many people his "secret"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Royal Family was total quality, shame we never see Denise and Daves kids though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought the Royle Family was quite poor. They've lost their subtle attempt at humour and were trying too hard.

Come Fly with Me was good in patches, but hardly extending themselves.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The Royal Family episode was nothing on the previous ones. Why did Joe have to sing again? The last time he did it was fantastic, this time round was pointless and almost seemed like it was to waste 3 minutes.

Come Fly With Me wasn't bad though, some of it definitely brought back harrowing experiences of airport staff.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Never a fan of the Royale Family but was rather amused by Come Fly with Me, looks good.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
A load of tedious asanine shite.

And I can't be the only person who finds blacking yourself up and acting to stereotypes unacceptable.

I watched most of this before I gave up. I agree with you it's not acceptable to me either, I thought we'd got rid of this nonsense years ago.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Royal Family was brilliant. CFWM I would watch if its on but would never buy the DVD of it.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Both the above programmes had their good parts my kids thought come fly with me was really funny, they were pissing themselves while my wife and me just looked at eachother in bemusement at a couple of the scenes but it has potential.

But surely the programme last night up for a serious car crash award was the The One Ronnie, anyone see that? Christ alive so unfunny it wasnt true and although a great admirer of Corbett I think he needs to retire on that evidence, his voice has deepened somewhat recently and he has lost those lovely inflections in his voice as well which doesnt help but Jesus the material was appalling. Barker would have been turning in his grave.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Come fly with me was appalling! Think i sniggered once. Sketches were either just not funny or totally predictable. Looks like Lucas and Walliams have disappeared up their own arses and no one has the guts to tell them they're even less funny than they used to be.

Royle family was a lot better. The Desmond Tutu/Shaun Wright-Phillips line had my lot absolutely pissing ourselves.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I loved the Royle family.thought CFWM was good as well.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Come fly with me was appalling! Think i sniggered once. Sketches were either just not funny or totally predictable. Looks like Lucas and Walliams have disappeared up their own arses and no one has the guts to tell them they're even less funny than they used to be.

Royle family was a lot better. The Desmond Tutu/Shaun Wright-Phillips line had my lot absolutely pissing ourselves.

Saves me writing it! What a sack of absolute shite!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Tenth repeat of the Blackadder Christmas Special had me laughing far more and I knew every joke already.

Watched Blackadder again last night. (Well I would). Love it! Especially the end bit when he turns bad! Think I've seen it twice in the last couple of weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here