Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come back Nicky !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If Forster had behaved like an adult, he would have seen out his contract and not gone to SSN with his 'transfer listing'. Plenty of other players were/are in the same boat as his and they, seemingly, acted responsibly.

Forster held the trump card as he knew he would be in demand. I'm actually very pleased that Gus didn't face much of a backlash on here. It shows how much we trust him as a 'messageboard'.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If Forster had behaved like an adult, he would have seen out his contract and not gone to SSN with his 'transfer listing'. Plenty of other players were/are in the same boat as his and they, seemingly, acted responsibly.

Forster held the trump card as he knew he would be in demand. I'm actually very pleased that Gus didn't face much of a backlash on here. It shows how much we trust him as a 'messageboard'.

BOF. Did Forster or his agent admit to going to SSN ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Before this N.F. thing blew up Gus said in an interview that he wanted young players who would play his way, who would learn and put into practise his beliefs in the way his team should play. If they were not prepared to do this they would not be part of his thinking.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
We know N.F. could be difficult at times, and I guess the going to the press thing just sealed his fate.
That's my two pennies worth.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
How can missing a penalty cost anyone 3 POINTS.

The score was 0-0 and the penalty scored would have made it 1-0 to Btn? I don't know but suggesting that could have been the scenario.

Edit doh that would have cost us 2 points

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
After the puclic fall out between NF and the club/Poyet i think NF actually put in the request to go out on loan so it mat not have been Poyet getting rid of him.....he didnt want to play for us so i think its best he went. Also i dont think he would have been first choice in the 4 5 1 formation anyway so i he wouldnt have been starting. Time to move on now.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The score was 0-0 and the penalty scored would have made it 1-0 to Btn? I don't know but suggesting that could have been the scenario.

Edit doh that would have cost us 2 points

Stockport, we were 2-1 up, pen would have made it 3-1, sealing the game, he missed, they then score 3 times, we lose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NF obviously did not figure in Poyets plans so the best for all concerned was for him to go out on loan. It ios possible that Charlton will play some teams around us in the league and hopefully score the winner against them, thus indirectly helping us. If he is Charltons main striker next season I will not be too disappointed as he will be a year older and perhaps a little slower. I think that the best he can hope for is to be a back up striker in Div 1 next season or even possibly for 15 - 20 mins for a Championship side even.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've moved on

Nicky has moved on

Gus has moved on

there are just a few fans who cannot see the bigger picture who long for the good old days.

In 5 years time when we are flirting with the Premiership and Gus is being chased by those premiership sides who still risk offering contracts to those from lower divisions we will all not give a damn about the situation

We will be in League 1 next season and Forster would only be a part player for any professional club as a 38 year-old. He probably only had 1 year left anyway.
Gus may as well bring in someone who he could use for 3 or 4 years during our years of progression thanks to our wonderful chairman and the fantastic stadium at Falmer

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Am worried that Gus reckons Holroyd or Barnes are good replacements for Forster. Not convinced by either of them yet.

Ha ha you have to laugh at all the muppets who can't wait to jump on a couple of poor results.

Question:

Are we a better or worse team since Forster stopped playing?

(To all those answering worse, please note that whoever we have in the team we won't win every game we play - I apologise for the inconvenience)

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Time to close the book on this one....and he can go into the chapter marked 'strikers-past'.

Reading between the lines Nicky felt he was the big fish in the small pond......oops.

I have no time these type of players.....doesn't matter how good they are or what they have done in the past.As soon as they try a pull a fast one over MY club I loose all respect for that player.......sorry but that is how I feel.

I feel sorry for NF as he could have had a real good coaching oportunity down here but burnt his bridges.

Can we move on please.....as regards to saying that Murray is sh*t cause he missed a penalty is utter crap.....i'm sure Mr Defore must be utter sh*t too then, or is that different ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here