Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Come back Nicky !

themightyalbion

Mar 28, 2010
Although I undrestand that Gus needs to be "The manager!" I still cant understand why he let our top scorer go at this time of the season.
Wish they could have at least got through until end of the season . Both want their heads banging together.
Guarentee he wouldn,t have missed many pens in his career
As for Murray. The miss says it all.!:falmer:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, and Forster missed one at home this season, which cost us three points.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is he talking about nicky kegg shevlin?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Although I undrestand that Gus needs to be "The manager!" I still cant understand why he let our top scorer go at this time of the season.
Wish they could have at least got through until end of the season . Both want their heads banging together.
:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Just try not to think. You'll only confuse yourself,

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Shut up.

I can't believe no one has mentioned this on here before...

But it's such a valid point. It's not as though it's a case of 'with hindsight' we then all realised it was a mistake. It's been absolutely obvious from the first game he wasn't allowed to play in that we would miss him.

It's not far from the Dean Wilkins line of reason farce that he had to go :wozza:

Yes I like a lot of what GP is doing but those that blindly accept his every decision are misguided. He is a new manager and will make mistakes. Although I understand the rationale of 'stamping his authority' I believe this whole thing could have been handled better - Forster would still be here - we would have a lot more points and we would ALL be a lot happier

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He is a new manager and will make mistakes. Although I understand the rationale of 'stamping his authority' I believe this whole thing could have been handled better - Forster would still be here - we would have a lot more points and we would ALL be a lot happier
I'm sure he will make mistakes, but as far as the Forster thing goes, he didnt make a mistake, and I just wish people will let it go.

Forster = ****. The club are a lot better off without him. As I've said, and many more have said, he tried in on, and got his fingers burnt. Well, as it turns out he got more than his fingers burnt, it cost him a coching career here, and in hindsight thank f*** for that.

I can see Gus' next big mistake according to NSC when he releases Kuipers shortly. How many threads will that one create!!?!?!?!?:laugh:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But it's such a valid point. It's not as though it's a case of 'with hindsight' we then all realised it was a mistake. It's been absolutely obvious from the first game he wasn't allowed to play in that we would miss him.

It's not far from the Dean Wilkins line of reason farce that he had to go :wozza:

Yes I like a lot of what GP is doing but those that blindly accept his every decision are misguided. He is a new manager and will make mistakes. Although I understand the rationale of 'stamping his authority' I believe this whole thing could have been handled better - Forster would still be here - we would have a lot more points and we would ALL be a lot happier

Excuse me if i'm incorrect, but it's been reported that Forster wanted to go.

Yes, he would have been more valuable to us by seeing out his decent contract but by trying to de-stabilise the club at a crucial part of the season (which back-fired spectacularly), he is clearly the one at fault. At least from what's been put into the public domain.

If the club had caved in to his demands then Gus and Tony Bloom would have been shown to be weak and that's not the message to convey if you have higher ambitions, which thankfully we do.

If the club had caved in to his demands then Gus and Tony Bloom would have been shown to be weak and that's not the message to convey if you have higher ambitions, which thankfully we do.

Do us a favour - caved into his demands?

You make it sound like he put a gun to their heads and made all sorts of threats.

It is surprising to say the least that a sensible resolution couldn't have been found to the benefit of everyone for our current state and our future ambitions. Perhaps if he had a Spanish passport none of this would have happened :eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can see Gus' next big mistake according to NSC when he releases Kuipers shortly. How many threads will that one create!!?!?!?!?:laugh:
One, or maybe two hopefully. It's obvious to all but about 3 loud simpletons on here that he'll have to go.

I do however predict that TCB is banned after posting that he hopes Gus Poyet contracts cancer or some such nonsense on one such thread.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Correct me if I am wrong but with Forster out of the side we went on a really good run and started to climb the table. Where were all these comments when we beat Oldham and Tranmere and almost beat Southampton? Suddenly a couple of questionable results and some people on here are criticising Poyet for his decision. Nobody on here knows what happened but Forster clearly burnt his bridges and as far as I am concerned I would stand by a very promising young manager who is doing a fantastic job rather than an ageing striker who is trying to cause trouble. I am sure in the summer we will bring one or two new strikers of sufficient quality to shut up people from going on about Forster but in the meantime it is getting tedious hearing it after every game we don't score five in.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS, why don't people understand. I'm sure Poyet would like a fit Nicky Forster available to him, but Forster bleated to the press about the club and you just don't do that.

If he'd done it at any other club he'd be out the door, mabye there's something that we don't know about between Gus and Forster, who knows.

It's time to let it go and look forward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would rather he and Poyet had sorted it out like adults and he was still here as back up.
Er, they did sort it out like adults, and the result is that Forster is free to move on, and we are not paying the wages of a player that Poyet has no intention of retaining when it counts - next season. No hard feelings on either side.

This will only look like a f*** up if he isn't properly replaced in time for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here