Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

come and watch attractive, attacking football

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
the above statement was part of a full page ad in the metro yesterday promoting a london clubs match tonhght. Arsenal? Surely the fact they've not really got a hope of going through the fans will be staying away in droves? No its not them. Ladies and gents this is how west ham united are being described! Unbefuckinglievable! Attractive football? Who the flip are they aiming this at? Stevie wonder?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
the above statement was part of a full page ad in the metro yesterday promoting a london clubs match tonhght. Arsenal? Surely the fact they've not really got a hope of going through the fans will be staying away in droves? No its not them. Ladies and gents this is how west ham united are being described! Unbefuckinglievable! Attractive football? Who the flip are they aiming this at? Stevie wonder?

You could complain to the ASA.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

They must be easily pleased in those parts.:lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Effective football is attractive football.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Have they got Bernie Madoff writing their press releases?

Mis-selling in it's purest form.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Times must be hard - WHUFC had a Groupon deal for their recent home match against Palace. What is it about the pulling power of Crystal Palace Football Club that often merits a Groupon deal I wonder?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009

I wonder whether they were describing the pre match entertainment by mistake?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
are you sure that they didn't just forget to add the word "cheerleaders" just after the word "football"??

Cheerleaders that attack? This I've got to see.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Debateable. They put 10 men behind the ball against us all game at The Amex. It was super effective. It was not attractive.

Well, football that wins is attractive. It's attractive because it's working. Arguably.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Perhaps the ad was supposed to appear on April 1st.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
BFS was bought in to do a job...get West Ham out of the Championship..it looks like he will succeed..

Next season when it's Man United/Tottenham at home rather than Barnsley/Charlton i'm guessing nobody will complain about the previous seasons tactics..

As for the advert, i'd imagine 90% or so are some way off the mark..the Marlboro man probably thought he'd be riding round the big country long into his retirement !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well, football that wins is attractive. It's attractive because it's working. Arguably.

Arguable. Capello was sacked after winning La Liga. Clearly they did not see it as attractive.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It might be true.... who's the opposition? They might play attractive attacking football.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
BFS was bought in to do a job...get West Ham out of the Championship..it looks like he will succeed..

Exactly. He'll get them up this year, do ok for a short while in the Premiership before the fans get him kicked out for still playing hoofball. West Ham have reached their goal of the Premier League and Sam will get a decent pay off. Everyone wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here