The free state of Kemp Town
Chars!

I had a bit of a falling out with BT.

Bunch of bastards

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Similarly this post from the Times Square Car Bomb thread (The Times Square Car Bomb - North Stand Chat ) doesn't seem to have incurred any punishment

Islam is an evil religion, the sooner people start to understand that the sooner we can live in peace.

I'd like to think it isn't said seriously but then neither was the Tony Bloom Jew remark which has apparently caused Squid to get a ban.

At the risk of sounding like Arsene Wenger shouldn't we have CONSISTENCY from the mods?

OR have we missed something more sinister?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd guess someone grassed on CS whereas the other two comments probably never got reported to the mods.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no idea what Colossal Squid was banned for, but I place my trust in the moderating team to judge each incident on merit and act accordingly. We're all human though and might get it wrong from time to time, but that won't be intentional. However - no-one will be banned for life from NSC on the basis of an error of judgement, as such decisions are not taken lightly and by a single moderator.

So, if the worst thing that happens to someone is a few days away from NSC - they're not having things too bad.

Personally, I think it's a shame that CS won't be on NSC over the election period as yesterday he made, what is for me, one of the best posts on NSC I've read in ages.

To those citing other posts, I say the same thing I've said time and time again...

1. Moderators don't have the luxury of reading each and every post on NSC, so...

2. If you see something dodgy - use the 'Report Post...' link to flag it up. This will allow a review of the post to be made and any appropriate action can be taken. Do NOT assume that a moderator has already read the post and/or it has been reported by others and deemed to be OK.

3. However, if a moderator comes across a dodgy post in their general usage of the board they will, of course, take action.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How r u notified of a ban on nsc - do you log in and get a message from one of the mods?

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Similarly this post from the Times Square Car Bomb thread (The Times Square Car Bomb - North Stand Chat ) doesn't seem to have incurred any punishment

I'd like to think it isn't said seriously but then neither was the Tony Bloom Jew remark which has apparently caused Squid to get a ban.

At the risk of sounding like Arsene Wenger shouldn't we have CONSISTENCY from the mods?

OR have we missed something more sinister?

Because that, my friend, is the truth :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
How r u notified of a ban on nsc - do you log in and get a message from one of the mods?

Anyone that is banned for whatever period of time will normally get a simple message explaining why, but everyone that is banned is shown on the moderating decisions section, quite simply if you are banned you will not be able to post anything at all untill the ban has expired.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone that is banned for whatever period of time will normally get a simple message explaining why, but everyone that is banned is shown on the moderating decisions section, quite simply if you are banned you will not be able to post anything at all untill the ban has expired.

Thanks mate - i'll wait for that day then :thumbsup:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well ta for the support chaps.

For what it's worth I didn't get informed of my ban until I logged in just now.

Before that I just got a message saying I couldn't view the forum as I was banned. I had to log on as a guest from work to see my name in the moderating decisions forum.

Considering I genuinely didn't understand why I was banned until I found this thread and saw that my South Park reference had been misinterpreted might I suggest that mods send out an e-mail explaining a moderating decision to those who have been banned?

I was told I had a PM waiting but wasn't allowed to read it. I think we need to look at REFORM.

Anyway, my absence was probably a blessing in disguise as it turned out. I started a new job last week and not having the temptation of NSC can only have been a good thing.

NB I am not an anti semite

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Lulling them into a false sense of security innit.

If the Japanese think I'm some double hard bastard of the seas they're only gonna start trying to eat me and my bredren

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here