Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Stagg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
So the latest dna tests,link someone else to the Nickell murder? So yet again however much the Police have tried to get 'THERE MAN' they have failed. Stagg and lets be fair may not be everyones 'cup of tea' has always maintained his innocence.The women police officer who tried in intrap Stagg has been paid-out cause of stress ( please do me a favour) and he has never recieved an apology from the police. What happens next??:albion:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It must be awful if you are innocent of a crime and life would never return to how it used to be.

What he must remember, that although this is very unfortunate Rachel lost her life and what he has gone through is nothing compared to that.

The police perhaps should offer an official apology, but not a personal one. They were doing their job and thought they had caught their man.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
BarrelofFun said:
It must be awful if you are innocent of a crime and life would never return to how it used to be.

What he must remember, that although this is very unfortunate Rachel lost her life and what he has gone through is nothing compared to that.

The police perhaps should offer an official apology, but not a personal one. They were doing their job and thought they had caught their man.

Fair do's you talk alot of sense :clap: :clap:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
As recent and past events show, there should be more public accountability on the actions of thick gunho promotion seeking, so called custodians of law and order.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
BarrelofFun said:

They fitted him up with a honey trap, I seem to remember? His life has been ruined because of this. He deserves a full apology and compensation. A lot of compensation.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Downloaded Penguin said:
They fitted him up with a honey trap, I seem to remember? His life has been ruined because of this. He deserves a full apology and compensation. A lot of compensation.

Ah! Different kettle of fish in that case. If that is true then damn right. Just because he fitted the profile, that is not on.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:

Surely that completely depends on how they went about "doing their job"?
As Downloaded Penguin says if they were unethical or in actual fact *not* doing their job then they should burn and he should be sufficiently compensated. Preferably out of the wrong-doers pockets and not ours.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rangdo said:
Surely that completely depends on how they went about "doing their job"?
As Downloaded Penguin says if they were unethical or in actual fact *not* doing their job then they should burn and he should be sufficiently compensated. Preferably out of the wrong-doers pockets and not ours.

I wasn't aware of the complete facts. I was look at it ideally, and how they thought they had their man. Not a decision taken lightly. They went for the kill and they were wrong. I find it difficult to judge them as I have never been in this situation before, where they potentially have to stop a man from reoffending. Mistakes are made, unfortunately. I do feel sorry for him, but murder leads to extraordinary circumstances.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If i remember right? Stagg was the Police's No1 from day one.As i say maybe he is not everyone's best mate? However what life has he had. He could well be innocent. No Thanks the the Police.:angry:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Stagg's had a tough time, but at least he's out and looking at bundles of compo.

The bloke who was fitted up for the Jill Dando murder on very similar lines - ie. we're desperate to arrest someone, he's odd, he'll do - is still languishing, and will be for the foreseeable future.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Deserves every penny, he's been through hell. Of course I feel the utmost sympathy for the family of Rachel but he's got nothing to do with that.

The police of course were convinced of his guilt, but you should read up on what they did to get evidence. I'm sure lessons have been learnt.

I once sat opposite him on the tube, and I had one of those awful moments where Iwas convinced I knew him (because I recognised his face) and couldn't help staring trying to work out where I knew him from.

He's probably been going through that for years.

Good luck fella, hopefully you can get your life back on track.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:
I find it difficult to judge them as I have never been in this situation before, where they potentially have to stop a man from reoffending. Mistakes are made, unfortunately. I do feel sorry for him, but murder leads to extraordinary circumstances.

Thats a very flippant attitude to take towards screwing up someones life on account of lazy inept police work. If it was genuine mistake then fair enough but they blindly and unethically went after an innocent man just to get a catch and in the process let the real killer get away.
A disgrace for all concerned. How much worse is this now for the family than if they'd just done the right thing first time?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rangdo said:
Thats a very flippant attitude to take towards screwing up someones life on account of lazy inept police work. If it was genuine mistake then fair enough but they blindly and unethically went after an innocent man just to get a catch and in the process let the real killer get away.
A disgrace for all concerned. How much worse is this now for the family than if they'd just done the right thing first time?

Like I said. I am not aware of the details at all. These are very difficult circumstances.

If you look at it from the police point of view and if they genuinely believed that this was 'their' man then you would do anything you could do to prevent him from striking again.

I am just trying to see things from both sides and put every possible viewpoint across.

I can't imagine what it is like to be accused of something of this scale. Everyone is accused of something unfairly, but this sort of thing. It scares me just thinking about it....

Answer: Alot worse. I genuinely don't believe as a whole they targetted this man to close the case. I suspect there were people in this case who wanted to close it quickly to prevent it happening again and errors were made.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If wed had the death Penalty and Stagg had been found guilty the Old Bill would have seen him fry. A good argument against imo.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BarrelofFun said:
I suspect there were people in this case who wanted to close it quickly to prevent it happening again and errors were made.

Yes errors were made. Unfortunately it was an area of society where mistakes are wholly unacceptable.
I just can't find any sympathy for the police whatsoever. It's a murder case. If you are going to go after someone then you'd better be damn sure that they did it. Not just for the sake of the guy who is innocent but for the family of the victim and to keep the actual killer from walking and, god forbid, killing again.
It's not like they are lacking the technology, skills and knowledge of the law to go about it the right way and get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here