Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin K-R

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
So now we're all back and running just as before can I just ask what people think about our new signing?

We needed a goalscorer and we've picked up a player who scored a total of 3 goals in League 1 last season.

Does anyone actually know much about this guy yet as the first I'd ever heard of him was when we signed him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that we've brought him in and trust the gaffer to have spent wisely but is another 'one for the future' what we were after? On the other hand, will he blossom this very season and prove to be a skilled professional, delighting the Withdean crowds and making a name for himself and our club a la Zamora?

I really know jack shit about him. So what's the concensus?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seriously, I had a phone natter with someone at the club a couple of days ago, and the club are well excited by this bloke, and chuffed to the bollocks in managing to get him.

Plenty of confidence, plenty of skill. He may or may not be the answer to a striking problems, but as he's on a three-year deal, he has time to grow into what McGhee wants from him. Remember, he hasn't played at this level, but the fact that so many clubs being interested in him implies that this is a good deal. Of course, we shall see.

How did we get him? He was pretty much 'promised' first-team football.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Are Bury in League 2?

Fucks sake.

I hope you're right TLO, and I guess he is only young so we'll just have to wait and see.

Which other clubs were interested in him anyway?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he can run at people, not get knocked off the ball and score goals like the one I saw downloaded on Brightonfans.com he is the sort of player that other teams seem to have that run us ragged. It will be good to have the type of player who gets you off your seat when he runs at defences and will take pressure off Leon, who will not be marked out of the game

An exciting forward line is something Brighton haven't had since Micky Small/John Byrne

Bring it on, let's hope he's as good as I think he might be

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
He does sound very much like Jake to be honest

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Eh, Leicester are in the Championship with us and Wigan are in the Premiership. What are you on about Kev?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bluejuice said:
He does sound very much like Jake to be honest

I hope he's not as small, if he is we've been conned :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I am really excited about this signing. Last season I was cursing when Preston picked up Nugent from Bury - if only we'd had a bit of money to spend. But even then the Bury message boards were consoling themselves with Colin being a massive prospect.

Marvellous, just a few months later and we HAVE got a bit of money to spend and we HAVE got the fella.

He sounds exactly what we are looking for, can play either attacking midfield or as a striker, and boy is he confident. When he signed he said something along the lines of,

"if I get a chance at goal, I'll score, if someone is in my way, I'll go past them."

That'll do. "Zamora on steroids" is one description I've heard of him, and that sounds pretty useful.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
According to a Leicester player, he impressed them when on trial with them last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here