Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Hawkins

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
hmm, would wait until he comes up against some good oppo before declaring him god. The lack of pace between him and Elphick is pretty scary, would prefer Lynch in there. Having said all of that didn't go yesterday and only going on his performances in preseason

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
picture the scene

elland road

leeds united vs brighton & hove albion

0-0

89 minutes gone

a scrappy passage of midfield interplay results in colin disposessing david prutton on the half way line, colin glides majestically towards the leeds goal, the home crowd are restless, its almost like they KNOW what's going to happen, colin evades challenges from neil kilkenny luciano becchio, before skipping past rui marques as though he wasn't there......colin, still 30 yards from goal, looks up, spots casper ankergren off his line, however, david prutton is advancing, looking for revenge, colin flicks the ball over pruttons head, before unleashing an unstoppable volley past a hapless ankergren

colin rips his shirt off, the passion on his face is there for all to see.......kevin mcleod is the first to the scene of celebration, he clutches colin in his arms and whispers tenerly "thank you................for........just.....being you" before planting a seductive kiss on his right cheek

Fantastic entertainment for a dull sunday morning

It's not a good thing if he's doing it five times a match, but as a one-off I'd say it's pretty entertaining. He was actually fouled, it was just the way he LAUNCHED his considerable frame through the air to let the ref know about it that I liked!

Hmm, and to think how el-Abd was vilified by many on here for feigning physical contact, so the ref would see it. Not entertaining then?

Too bad about that irony, I guess at BHA, you are either hip or you're square.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's not a good thing if he's doing it five times a match, but as a one-off I'd say it's pretty entertaining. He was actually fouled, it was just the way he LAUNCHED his considerable frame through the air to let the ref know about it that I liked!
Almost looked like a tribute to the Gerrard school of diving. ???

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford

He literally dived head first and BELLY flopped, oh COL

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
ohhh how times change :lolol:

What, The Complete Badger's strong opinions on players being proved wrong? Times haven't really changed, have they?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Funny really, TCB loves bragging about how his initial opinions on new signings are accurate

Was he actually wrong though? TCB actually said;
- he's got a HUGE nose
- he's going to be a lethal part of the defence roster
- he's FLAIR
- he's the only centre-back of ours I've ever seen DIVE to win a free kick!
- he's proper hard, none of this El-Abd pretend stuff

Huge nose? Correct.
Lethal? Oh hell yeah, he kills us every time he plays.
Flair? How else to describe the amazing own goal and the running on the pitch before being invited?
Diver? Well, he dived to head into his own net (see "flair?")
Hard? Like a baby.

I love these old threads being dragged up again, like it's relevant to look back, point the finger and say that for talking a new signing up, you're in the wrong. It is funny, mind you. :lolol:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Sorry to quote myself but this post (http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?t=136522) posted nearly a year ago - 10-11-2008, 22:48 - in a thread since viewed 2,081 times, still doesn't seem to have got through to those eager to go on slavering over their juicy prejudices:

I taped the ITV highlights, and viewed the Hawkins goal in slo-mo, to try to see what actually happened.

From the Hartlepool viewpoint, their leftwinger beat our defender, and successfully crossed it square from the far left touchline, low across the face of our goal, where Sullivan could be seen to have stepped back onto his line when he saw the flight of the ball.

Two Hartlepool players were moving in from the far-post, and were ahead of our two markers. One way or another it was going to be a Hartlepool goal, with either attacker about to have an unhindered chance of slamming the ball in out of reach to Sullivan's left.

At which point Hawkins hurled himself horizontally in towards the near post, amazingly getting his head to the ball, stopping a dead cert strikers goal, but just, and only just, failing to get his head that inch further forward that would have angled the ball just a couple of feet to the left, and safely outside the post.

Since crucified.

Still continues to be crucified in two or three threads per week!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
bought back from injury much to early, before that he was a reasonable player

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
bought back from injury much to early, before that he was a reasonable player

I think anyone who was at Southend on that friday night would agree that Hawkins was absolutely magnificent next to Elphick, David Livermore was a revelation on the left hand side of midfield aswell. Quality early impressions, but like so many others last season, they weren't able to back up their good starts. And so they've been written off completely by so many on here.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
I think anyone who was at Southend on that friday night would agree that Hawkins was absolutely magnificent next to Elphick, David Livermore was a revelation on the left hand side of midfield aswell. Quality early impressions, but like so many others last season, they weren't able to back up their good starts. And so they've been written off completely by so many on here.

...and the management.

Because he's shit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I had a lovely dream with Colin Hawkins in the lead role last night. Gone but never forgotten.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
People can have whatever opinion they like about Colin Hawkins' abilities but one fact about him is that he was one of the nicest, kindest and most helpful player participants in the Young Seagulls scheme. He was liked wherever he went and so when people criticise the player they should avoid gratuitous insults of the person. People on here can be very nasty sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here