Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Calderwood

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Very poor behaviour if you think this is ok God help you if you do get promotion. Calderwood acted like a thug coming out of a pub or nightclub shouldering another professional, after I saw his behaviour any sympathy for you rapidly diminished.

Who asked you? We don't want you here so just **** off back to your own forum if you have one.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very poor behaviour if you think this is ok God help you if you do get promotion. Calderwood acted like a thug coming out of a pub or nightclub shouldering another professional, after I saw his behaviour any sympathy for you rapidly diminished.
God, you're a DULLARD.

Outstayed your welcome here now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Your bench were preventing Bruno getting the ball for a throw in. Calderwood ran to try to help him. Not like a thug, or anything like it.
We don't need the likes of you coming here to lecture us about our club or staff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Straight out of the Roy Keane School of Chuckles.

$_35.JPG

It's no wonder the team has been rock solid in defence, let's face it nobody is tell this fella why his training isn't working.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Love the passion! The behaviour of the Boro misfit was unacceptable and one of those scenarios where actions and not words needed! Cannot think of anyone better for the job! Well done Colin! Big part of the team!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I don't blame calderwood or anybody else forwarding to get the ball back in those circumstances. Having said which, the boro goalie coach was lucky we didn't still have oatway on our bench or he would have been sitting in row z for the last minute

I did see an altercation between karanka and one of our bench after the final whistle. Not sure if itvwas deliberate but classy Hughton once again calmed everything down

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Passion is all well and good but I'm getting a bit unnerved about the way some of our players and staff have been reacting in recent weeks - AK, Liam, Bruno and even Goldson have been back chatting and confronting officials, getting involved in altercations etc. That's not helpful in keeping refs onside and risks going too far and someone getting sent off for doing something stupid. I hope CH takes some time this week to calm everyone down and have them focused on doing a really professional job, managing their emotions as best they can - I'm sure he will.
We are at risk of falling into a siege / victim mentality that will really not help us get through the next 3 (I hope) games. Remember we are clearly the best of an admittedly very strong play-off line-up. Let's do our talking with the ball.
COYB

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I see total justification for that Boro coach trying to waste time and the reaction it caused, the bloke was out of order. Equally Calderwood was out of order for what he done after the final whistle.
I'm not sure if these are real neanderthal postings or just a bunch of pissed off lads venting frustration on this forum currently. But it really isn't making pleasant reading. I know we've always had our minority of dullards posting here, but right now it's sad to see this place go into meltdown and take anyone as fair game. We REALLY need to move on to Friday now. Just my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see total justification for that Boro coach trying to waste time and the reaction it caused, the bloke was out of order. Equally Calderwood was out of order for what he done after the final whistle.
I'm not sure if these are real neanderthal postings or just a bunch of pissed off lads venting frustration on this forum currently. But it really isn't making pleasant reading. I know we've always had our minority of dullards posting here, but right now it's sad to see this place go into meltdown and take anyone as fair game. We REALLY need to move on to Friday now. Just my opinion.

Nobody is forcing you to read it. Log off and do something interesting instead.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Passion is all well and good but I'm getting a bit unnerved about the way some of our players and staff have been reacting in recent weeks - AK, Liam, Bruno and even Goldson have been back chatting and confronting officials, getting involved in altercations etc. That's not helpful in keeping refs onside and risks going too far and someone getting sent off for doing something stupid. I hope CH takes some time this week to calm everyone down and have them focused on doing a really professional job, managing their emotions as best they can - I'm sure he will.
We are at risk of falling into a siege / victim mentality that will really not help us get through the next 3 (I hope) games. Remember we are clearly the best of an admittedly very strong play-off line-up. Let's do our talking with the ball.
COYB
I always used to think that it made little difference to decisions going for or against, and that backchat etc should be punishable by instant free kick reversal or 10 yard closer to goal penalty, like Rugby. However, football refs have not been given enough authority to stop it and it DOES make a difference if players get in their faces - Saturday's red card was a fine example. As such, I'm in the 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' camp for the next 2 (or 3) games.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

What Calderwood did, he may also on reflection regret but it was the heat of the moment.

Most fans who are mild mannered normal individuals in the week also change at games in the heat of a given moment. Passions and emotions are running high. I have no cause to swear much in everyday life, hardly ever lose my temper but at a point in the beamback when Mike Dean waved on a clear foul after giveing them numerous decisions, i could not control myself any longer leaping out of my seat, red rage descending, waving my arms around and shouting "you're a fu**ing cheat Dean, you wan**er", it was all rather involuntary, i couldnt stop myself at the sense of outrage. The same applies with Colin, its easy to say he was 'out of order', but unless you're an emotionless, passive wooden individual or dont really care too deeply, its also very easy to see it was entirely understandable (whether right or wrong)for a passionate man at that given moment to express that emotion/frustration at the non stop gamesmanship (which even though all teams do it, is a form of cheating). We need more people like CC, ones who truly give a shit.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What Calderwood did, he may also on reflection regret but it was the heat of the moment.

Most fans who are mild mannered normal individuals in the week also change at games in the heat of a given moment. Passions and emotions are running high. I have no cause to swear much in everyday life, hardly ever lose my temper but at a point in the beamback when Mike Dean waved on a clear foul after giveing them numerous decisions, i could not control myself any longer leaping out of my seat, red rage descending, waving my arms around and shouting "you're a fu**ing cheat Dean, you wan**er", it was all rather involuntary, i couldnt stop myself at the sense of outrage. The same applies with Colin, its easy to say he was 'out of order', but unless you're an emotionless, passive wooden individual or dont really care too deeply, its also very easy to see it was entirely understandable (whether right or wrong)for a passionate man at that given moment to express that emotion/frustration at the non stop gamesmanship (which even though all teams do it, is a form of cheating). We need more people like CC, ones who truly give a shit.

I have absolutely no problem with frustration/passion, but I didn't see anyone else deliberately barging their manager at FT. Was that because the rest of the bench were dispassionate and happy with the result?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Calderwood will get a ban I think, and will take it on the chin. He'll know he stepped over the line and shouldn't have done it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wow, stock answer, I never saw that coming.

I'm glad I didn't diappoint you. Everyone has their own way of dealing with disappointment. Some like to debate it for a few days. Some get over it straightaway.
There is no right or wrong way, so live and let live.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Colin has been away for a few games now. Heard it was something to do with his family. Hopefully all is okay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here