NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I remember when some on here genuinely thought we had a chance at getting him

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I remember when some on here genuinely thought we had a chance at getting him
I think there was a time when we first showed interest where we had a chance of getting him on loan. It's when he scored a couple of vital goals for city that hope disintegrated.....and of course as soon as we showed an interest Chelsea copied.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
4 goals always impressive, but free-kick apart (which was brilliant) we gave them to him….

Coutinho and Hazard have looked more impressive IMO in games against us.
And Van Dijk from a defensive position. Those 3 performances are the best I’ve seen against us in the Prem. Noticeable that they all happened in the earlier seasons when we weren’t as established.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He is an absolute Rolls Royce of a player.

When I look at him though I think of Peter Crouch's answer when asked what he would have been were he not a footballer.

His reply: "A virgin" :lolol:
He looks like Plug from the Beano's Bash Street Kids.

I know we helped him yesterday but I still think he's class. He seems to sometimes glide over the ground.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I was right over it and I couldn't believe how quickly he had scored.
It was a great strike, with no warning, caught the keeper out with a quality finish.
Totally agree. But imagine it had been Steele, his ' fan club ' would been claiming you shouldn't be beaten at the near post. And not forgetting Bart's poor pass out and his little ' excursion ' when Webster cleared off the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here