Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cole & James

Mar 13, 2008
Why is Forster in the squad? Hart is 10x better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was encouraged by last night's perfomance and thought the dire ITV commentary failed to pick up on the excellent closing down work all 4 of the midfield, which kept the Ukraine down to a handful of shots.

Credit has to go to Barry and Lampard, especially the latter who seems to have adapted his game to suit England's gameplan.

Ashley Cole IS a twat but in 70-odd caps he's rarely made a fatal error. There is an issue with the reserve left-back though, and I rate Baines above Bridge.

As for the keeper, James worries me and however welll we've been playing I think back to the Brazil teams 1971 - 1993 inclusive - brilliant sides, wonderful football but failed to win the World Cup 5 times in a row and as big a reason as any was shite goalkeepers.

In the same way that Capello has failed to see the contribution Owen has made in the past he's also failed to see the f***-ups James has made in the past.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Credit has to go to Barry and Lampard, especially the latter who seems to have adapted his game to suit England's gameplan.

I'd love to know what Lampard did last night - as I only saw him in the first half when he was taking corners. His name was hardly mentioned - either in attack or defence.

Mind you - it is crap seeing who is dong what off the ball when you are watching the tv.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Capello has got the team working harder to close down the opposition and win the ball back. Having 2 central holding midfielders is key to this.

In many respects we play the Liverpool way, with Barry and Lampard like Alonso and Mascherano.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
we definately got away with it last night, Ukraine were woeful and we made very hard work of it.

James, Johnson, Lennon and Crouch are woeful international players.

However 5 from 5 cant be sniffed at.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
we definately got away with it last night, Ukraine were woeful and we made very hard work of it.

James, Johnson, Lennon and Crouch are woeful international players.

However 5 from 5 cant be sniffed at.

Crouch - 31 caps, 15 goals. Not bad for a woeful international player.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone catch that WOEFUL ITV interview with Capello after the highlights last night ?

ITV: "You must be very happy with the win"
Capello: "We showed character to win, so I am happy"
ITV : "Just happy ?"
Capello: "Yes, I am happy"
ITV: "Just happy then. And the goal celebrations, the rope and then the haircut !"
Capello: "Yes, errrrr, we have a good spirit in the team"

:wozza:

Capello must just be stunned at the utterly MORONIC questions he gets fired at him over here :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here