Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay's New Album

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
It's all subjective, Uncle S but a lot of people do find them bland. I do too, although there are songs of theirs I do like. I can never get tired of litening to Yellow and their 1st album was pretty good. Ever since they've just never "clicked" with me.

If you like 'em then you listen to 'em and f*** everyone else.

Very true, I don't like everything they do and any Nick Cave fan's opinion will do for me

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

JP20

Its not the fact that people on here don't like coldplay that annoys me (everyone has their own opinon, - its the fact that it seems so darn COOL to go so over the top in a childish "i hate coldplay the most because...." competiton.

Personally i think the new album is brilliant and the fact that they sold over 200,000 copies of it in ONE DAY shows that people actually do like them.

Woolworths alone reported sales of 20 per minute!

Oh and track 5, - (Lover's in Japan), will soon be up there with Yellow as one of their greatest IMHO

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ths music is not that bad the trouble is everytime I hear them I think of that TWAT Chris Martin and it fills me with rage!

Did he not top a poll of people most would like to punch?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not the fact that people on here don't like coldplay that annoys me (everyone has their own opinon, - its the fact that it seems so darn COOL to go so over the top in a childish "i hate coldplay the most because...." competiton.

Personally i think the new album is brilliant and the fact that they sold over 200,000 copies of it in ONE DAY shows that people actually do like them.

Woolworths alone reported sales of 20 per minute!

Oh and track 5, - (Lover's in Japan), will soon be up there with Yellow as one of their greatest IMHO

I agree the ridiculous over reaction to Coldplay is absurd. Coldplay have done some great music. I think most of the critics would rather listen to and own a cheely girls album or maybe the album released by alvin & The Chipmunks.

Its got to the stage that you fear for having it on your car cd player in case you might get egged at a traffic light. Absurd.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can't say I'm a fan of either Coldplay or Chris Martin but like James Blunt (who seems to be a very nice bloke) it's seems to be 'cool' to slag them off. People are entitled to their tastes in music and just because you don't share the same taste why bother slagging it off ?

I would imagine what a lot of the Coldplay detractors on here call music I would think stank but there again that would be my opinion. I would hazard a guess that a lot of people wouldn't care for my choice of listening either. Nobody forces you to listen to music you don't like. You can either tune into another station or simply turn it off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it must be a middle aged Man's band as all the trendy under 30's seem to loathe them. Its probably the sort of album Jeremy Clarkson would have on when driving.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I am 45 and a fan.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Inoffensive, white, middle aged music. Doesn't really register on my radar but I don't hate them as a band. That Chris MArtin seems a bit of a watery little digit though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Coldplay's new album?

As uninspiring and BLAND rubbish as the last one.

BBQ music for middle-aged people who don't like music. Might as well be the RUDDY Feeling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here