Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldplay Are Back

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Coldplay's new single, Violet Hill, will be available as a free download exclusively from Coldplay.com for one week starting tomorrow, Tuesday April 29th, at 12.15pm UK time. This is a full week ahead of the single's conventional paid-for digital release, on Tuesday May 6th.

Then, on Wednesday May 7th, there will be a free limited edition 7-inch vinyl of 'Violet Hill' on the cover of NME magazine, backed by the exclusive B-side, 'A Spell A Rebel Yell'.

FREE SHOW AT BRIXTON ACADEMY

Also tomorrow, Coldplay.com will announce preliminary details of two free shows which the band will play in June, one at London's Brixton Academy and the other at New York's Madison Square Garden. Full details of how to win tickets to both will be revealed on Coldplay.com in the next few weeks.

Album release details
Coldplay's fourth album, 'Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends', produced by Brian Eno and Markus Dravs is out in June. The release dates are as follows:

UK - June 12
USA & Canada - June 17
Japan - June 11
Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Ireland - June 13
Australia/NZ - June 14
Rest Of World - June 16

[1] Life In Technicolor
[2] Cemeteries Of London
[3] Lost!
[4] 42
[5] Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love
[6] Yes
[7] Viva La Vida
[8] Violet Hill
[9] Strawberry Swing
[10] Death And All His Friends
[+] The Escapist

Attachments

• vlv.jpg
    vlv.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 217

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just heard the new single "Violet Hill" on the radio, sounds very different from their usual stuff with guitar solo's and crunchy riff's all over the place. Not sure how most will react at first, I need a few more listens but so far so good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like Coldplay (i think most who say they dislike them do so due to some personallity issue) but i cant say im fussed by the new single, im not about to buy the album on the strength of that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
40-something Saab drivers with bluetooth earpieces will be pleased!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This Coldplay issue sums up NSC. Now listen Coldplay are NOT shit. they have done some cracking good stuff. Speed of Sound was a superlative song to name but 1. Coldplay are the musical whipping boys much like Titanic is the filmatic whipping boy.

With NSC success ultimately defaults into shit.

Oct 25, 2003
This Coldplay issue sums up NSC. Now listen Coldplay are NOT shit. they have done some cracking good stuff. Speed of Sound was a superlative song to name but 1. Coldplay are the musical whipping boys much like Titanic is the filmatic whipping boy.

nope- don't have anything against them being successful, infact i'm pleased that a british band is making it big

i just don't like them

Not at all. Many very successful films and musicians have been championed on NSC. While there are certainly elements of elitism that occur on here in many cases it's simply a case of subjectivity. In the examples you have mentioned I think that is definitely the case. Your superlative song and film masterpiece is my idea of hell. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a stick of celery than watch Titanic and Coldplay are the aural equivalent of BEIGE. They are only offensive because of their utter inoffensiveness.

That and the fact that Chris Martin is a TOSSPIECE of the highest order.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Is Coldplay Chris Martins band??

If it is I wonder how many people have hung themselfs after listening to hm??

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

are you sure? are you absolutely positive? that no-one on here, not a single soul, actually dislikes their music and thinks they are shit for no other reason than that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pipe Down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here