Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean parking enquiry

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on Wednesday, done train previously but its the only way I can get home this week, especially if it's extra time and pens.

So a genuine question for anyone who's actually parked in Coldean to date - is it all okay? No barriers, parking restrictions, over-zealous stewards etc pre-match?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The search facility is wonderful I am told.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So a genuine question for anyone who's actually parked in Coldean to date - is it all okay? No barriers, parking restrictions, over-zealous stewards etc pre-match?

No barriers, stewards etc. They've remarked the yellow lines at the bottom by the Hikers. Never seen any wardens about though. It gets really crowded round the bottom part but there's plenty of space further in and it's still less than half an hour walk.

My mate's leaving his car outside my house and we're walking in - it's a doddle

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Many thanks. Well, apart from the sarcastic f*cktard.

Aug 21, 2011
there are a few signs put up near the hikers for the day of the match asking no football parking ..sigh

Surely if there are no double yellows you can park where the fek you like, we all pay our road tax, (ok maybe not the pikeys). So a sign outside a Pub can only stop you parking on their property not the roads outside.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on Wednesday, done train previously but its the only way I can get home this week, especially if it's extra time and pens.

I find the P&R at the race hill to be the best one, back to the car in 10 minutes.

Surely if there are no double yellows you can park where the fek you like, we all pay our road tax, (ok maybe not the pikeys). So a sign outside a Pub can only stop you parking on their property not the roads outside.

this is the whole issue, we can park where we like but we operate on goodwill and most Albion fans wouldn't want to piss off their neighbours, I mean I wouldn't deliberately go out my way to keep my neighbours awake at night with loud music but i'd be lying if I said that it had never happened. (does this make sense?)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If you arrive after 6.30 for an evening game you may struggle to find a space on Coldean Lane. I suspect it may be even earlier this week with a number of fans talking about 'meeting the coach'.

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Anyone know if it goes to extra time and pens whether you can still get a train back to Lewes had to leave early from sunderland game but just wondered if trains did run later?

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know if it goes to extra time and pens whether you can still get a train back to Lewes had to leave early from sunderland game but just wondered if trains did run later?

I would not imagine for one minute that the rail service would make any extra provision for the match going to extra time, If it did, be prepared for the same announcement at the Sunderland match " Limited service after 10:30pm !!"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would not imagine for one minute that the rail service would make any extra provision for the match going to extra time, If it did, be prepared for the same announcement at the Sunderland match " Limited service after 10:30pm !!"

I go home that way and there wasn't any problem getting on a Lewes train after 10.30 that night. In fact it was easier going home than the Gillingham game.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

According to Southern there are four trains after 11 from Falmer to Lewes tomorrow, and last to Brighton's after midnight

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They have the blue no football parking signs up at the bottom of Park Road but if you park sensibly then there shouldn't be a problem

Not something one should suggest possibly, but ...

Unless your car is adorned with blue and white, and/or is emblazoned with BHA stickers, how is anyone going to prove that you are parked there for the football anyway?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here