Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coldean Lane

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Not really knowing the area is there a bus back from Falmer that stops near the bottom of Coldean Lane and or will the Hikers mini-bus be picking up? I am thinking that it's fine walking on a nice day but not so keen in the wind and rain!
Walk it. You'd get as wet waiting for the bus. Anyway, it will remind you of Withdean conditioms and, if you are old enough, how did you get away from the Goldstone when it was raining ?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yea that was me who got the ear full.. I returned to my car and she came out saying i was braking the law when i clearly wasn't. She started going on about how i was blocking her van from coming of the drive when you could off got a bus out of her drive. Crazy lady if ya ask me, wont be parking there again don't want me car damaged.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just a bit of a warning for anyone planning on using Coldean Lane to park, the woman who owns 46 Coldean Lane is not a big fan of people parking across her driveway and has been known to damage cars parked there in the past.

She is the mother of a rather notorious ex-resident of Brighton, who is now spending time at Her Majesty's pleasure.

I know people should be able to park where they like etc...... but it really isn't worth the hassle. She had a big rant on Saturday, and I would assume who ever had the mis-fortune to park there probably copped an earful on their return.

Also, if parking on Forest Road, please stay to the left as it is a struggle for the buses to get down the hill if cars on both sides.

Yea that was me who got the ear full.. I returned to my car and she came out saying i was braking the law when i clearly wasn't. She started going on about how i was blocking her van from coming of the drive when you could off got a bus out of her drive. Crazy lady if ya ask me, wont be parking there again don't want me car damaged.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I can't find my copy of the 'Getting to the stadium' leaflet at home or find a copy on the club website now. Where is the proper walking route from Lewes Road?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
How was it last night for those of you parking in Coldean Lane? Appears a good option for those of us coming in from the West of the county. Would like to know what the walking route is though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i parked just off coldean near rushlake road for both recent matches...np..walking is very str8frwd just turn left at traffic lights and follow path..its quite simple really..took me 20/25 mins..might try a bus on a wet matchday

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i parked just off coldean near rushlake road for both recent matches...np..walking is very str8frwd just turn left at traffic lights and follow path..its quite simple really..took me 20/25 mins..might try a bus on a wet matchday

How close to kick-off time can you get parked round there, as I could very well be running a bit late on some midweek games.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I think that the Coldean Estate will become much like Hove Park and all the roads up towards Dyke Road used to be. Inversely proportional, obviously, as the later you are the further that you have to walk. Just as in the old days at the Goldstone, if you turned up at roughly the same time, you could estimate the size of the crowd by where you had to park. In those days we parked outside some of the biggest houses in Hove !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here