Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colchester - NSC Meet Up

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Cut and pasted from the Footballgroundguide.co.uk. Any of these pubs ring any bells with anyone

Jonathan Hull writes 'for a drink near the ground try the Dragoon in Butt Road which is on the way to the ground and is almost opposite the police station. It is in the Campaign For Real Ale guide, serves good ales and does a mean chilli on match days. It is full of Col U fans but of the friendly real ale drinker variety'. There is also the Drury pub at the top of Layer Road, which is generally okay for away fans, unless it is a high profile match, such as a local derby, or where there has been a bit of 'history' between the two clubs.

dave the gaffer said:
we went to some big pub in the town as the one on the corner had been trashed by QPR fans the week before and they wouldn't let away fans in!!!

That is very true, I got told the exact same thing. We ended up in some ropey hotel/pub place on a corner opposite the millitary base. Got quite busy but was only about a 15 minute walk from the ground. Don't remember it having a big screen though. If I remember rightly there is a small pub on the left as you walk up from the big roundabout (the road to the left of the police station) which had Sky Sports.

Why do I care? I'm not even going. Ignore all that.

'Jonnyboylennon' - are you still up for having a 'Fear and Loathing in Colchester' sort of away day for this one?

I really want to go to this and it would be lovely to meet up with you people.

xx

PS But please don't start banging on about things you said to each other on the internet and stuff.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
chemical brother said:
'Jonnyboylennon' - are you still up for having a 'Fear and Loathing in Colchester' sort of away day for this one?

sounds good, i'll bring two tinnies and a sandwich.LARGE

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll be in Greece :(

First league game Ive missed in about 3 years :( :(

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beefy said:
I'll be there.Who's going by train?

Colchester last time was probably the best away day of the season.Not just for the game but also for the pub crawl before the match.

Agreed.

I am trying to get a flight back for the game.:shootself :shootself

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
can anyone from nsc come to the pub or do you have to be in a special handshake gang?? :drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yes you do.

Richie Morris style.

All NSCers must all jump up and say YES when Brighton score.

:jester:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
:mexican:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
bhafcseagull said:
:mexican:

From left to right:

Turkey, Safeway, DannyCullipLookalikeDad, BrightonBird, Chemical Brother, Trotster with banana, Jonnyclownlennon feeling rather hungover

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Brixtaan said:
only 5 or so terrace tickets left and a 100 or so seating.
Cheque applications won't make it in time for the terrace,whats everyone else doing?

Shit, is this true? The only way I can get a ticket is by postal application.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Terrace has sold out and I got seats unless anyone will swap:(

Where are we all meeting - suggestions for pub please

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Turkey said:
I'm gonna have to get ticket tomorrow. Looks like I'll be sitting too. :( :angry:

Oh well we'll all sit together then.

et la maison publique ?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I am so gutted to miss this.

Im going to spend a fortune on an international call for 90 minutes.

:bhasign: :cry: :sick: :cry: :bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here