Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

colchester last friday

BN1

Dec 20, 2009
i have been meaning to set up an account on north stand for a while, i attend most albion games home and away, i am shcoked with the knowledge of football our supporters have we had a shocker agaist colchester we were not unlucky, if play well and get nothing fair enough how do we expect to get somthing from a game when we play for 45 min we need to sort this out and fast....your thoughts or am i talking shi*....?

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
i have been meaning to set up an account on north stand for a while, i attend most albion games home and away, i am shcoked with the knowledge of football our supporters have we had a shocker agaist colchester we were not unlucky, if play well and get nothing fair enough how do we expect to get somthing from a game when we play for 45 min we need to sort this out and fast....your thoughts or am i talking shi*....?

No a few of us on hear were saying similar.

We have a very youg defence that does not learn from mostales and cannot concentrate for 90 minutes and has an average team in front of it.

Gus has improved our general play unfortunately the same problems continue to lose us games.

We need a couple of experienced defenders in January or we will be in the relegation mix up again this season.

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Tend to agree, just need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back. The game yesterday was not too bad, however, we made a lot of problems for ourselves with loose passes from the back and middle which resulted in losing posession and being put back under needless pressure.

The defence is young (albeit fairly experienced) but look low on confidence. An "old head" or two in the January transfer window to keep things organised at the back and the confidence will soon return and hopefully see us heading in the right direction.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Not shi* but some punctuation wouldn't go amiss!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Against Colchester we had a shocker for the first 20 minutes and deserved to be two goals down. After that we were all over them and should have equalised. Some people are more willing than others to look at the positives in a game.

On NSC some people will take ONLY the positives, some will take ONLY the negatives. This place is more polarised than Antarctica.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Well, I will stick my neck out here and say I think you have gone over the top. We had a diastrous first 15 minutes when they got two goals, the first was a well placed shot taken instantly the ball came back to the player from the edge of our box. The second was a defensive nightmare contributed to by the fact our full back was receiving treatment and Navarro, who can't even play in his own position was turned by their wide player.

After that we dominated the game and if wasn't for some excellent saves and dodgy refereeing we may have got something out of the game.

Now, perhaps you could explain exactly which comments you have read that have actually shocked you. I don't doubt there are people on here who only consider it a good game if you win but as far as I am concerned they have a mind narrower than a pinhead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here