Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colchester - How big? How many?

Still 400 odd seats left for this one. Will it sell out? How many to colchester travel with? Suspect a good few no shows due to those who had tix for original fixture and forgot to take em back when they realised they cant go.

Although Colchester are in 10th spot, they are the only team in the league with a game in hand over us. However, if we beat them, we will be a whopping 15 points clear of them, which would surely be too much for them to catch us?

Beat Bournmouth on Saturday, and we are 9 points clear of them, with 2 games in hand - again, surely too much for them to overturn?

Losses at the weekend for Shef Weds, should also make it very difficult for them to catch us, assuming we win.

Over the next weeks, assuming our good form contimues, we should find that the number of teams who can knock us off our perch before the end of the seaseon diminishes rapidly.

Thoughts.......

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm not worried about any other teams apart from Saints/Udders and Sheff Wed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I forgot to add

This is my tip and i don't do any normally

Get on LARGE for Wednesday to beat the O's at 6/4

Hmmmm, as I said, win our next 2 games, and is Sheff Wed slip up this weekend, I think it will be too much for them to catch us. Actually, due to number of games played, the same goes for MK Dons too.

I share your views on Saints/Udders tho, but by beating Colchester, we should be removing one more team from those that can realistically catch us.

Jan 30, 2008
:tumble:
Still 400 odd seats left for this one. Will it sell out? How many to colchester travel with? Suspect a good few no shows due to those who had tix for original fixture and forgot to take em back when they realised they cant go.

Although Colchester are in 10th spot, they are the only team in the league with a game in hand over us. However, if we beat them, we will be a whopping 15 points clear of them, which would surely be too much for them to catch us?

Beat Bournmouth on Saturday, and we are 9 points clear of them, with 2 games in hand - again, surely too much for them to overturn?

Losses at the weekend for Shef Weds, should also make it very difficult for them to catch us, assuming we win.

Over the next weeks, assuming our good form contimues, we should find that the number of teams who can knock us off our perch before the end of the seaseon diminishes rapidly.

Thoughts.......

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

Thoughts.......

???
my thoughts are you are obsessed with how many seats we have left to sell.......do you count them?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As i said Wednesday will turn over the O's on sat. They are my dark horse for a surge up the table.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
As i said Wednesday will turn over the O's on sat. They are my dark horse for a surge up the table.

That`s big of you.
So you are predicting that the biggest club in the Division are going to surge up the table just after Milan Mandaric becomes chairman and with four new signings and a probable fifth round fa cup tie??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is nothing "dark horse" about Sheffield Wednesday.

However, they do have some big signings and a favourable run of fixtures coming up, apparently. On the other hand, they still have a shit manager and a mid table league position. To overtake the Albion, they need to make up more than a point every two games which would need a fairly dramatic collapse in form from our side.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
There is nothing "dark horse" about Sheffield Wednesday.

However, they do have some big signings and a favourable run of fixtures coming up, apparently. On the other hand, they still have a shit manager and a mid table league position.

Why is Irvine shit? I thought he did a good job at Preston - they've certainly got a great deal worse since he left.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why is Irvine shit? I thought he did a good job at Preston - they've certainly got a great deal worse since he left.
Sure, but he's not doing it for Wednesday. Failed to stave off relegation, and now they're mid table having won just one game more than they've lost, with a reasonable playing squad.

Anyone who thinks 9 points is too much to over turn at the half way point of the seasons need to wake up and smell the coffee.

How many point are left to play for? BLIMEY!

We do have 2 games in hand also. And I was refering to after the weekend, assuming we win (and colchester) and they slip up on Saturday. I honestly beleive if this happens Sheff's will not catch us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here