Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cocaine Cammeron

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
El Presidente said:
Who exactly saw US as a power? Beating a bunch of guano farming conscripts is hardly a testament to a world respected country.

Poll tax riots
Race riots
3 million on the dole
Increasing division between rich and the poor
.......all paid for by selling off publicly owned assets at an undervalue, whether via privatisation, council houses or schoolfields.

Guano farming conscripts? I don't think so. Fact check required.

Race riots instead of muslims making terroristic threats under the protection of the wife of the Prime Minister?

Dole? Only because this government has spun the criteria of what counts as "unemployed" so heavily that it appears that only Mr Dave Wilkins in Birmingham is unemployed, and that's temporary until we can get him on a retraining course.

The only division I can see is the Mercs, Sky TV systems and three holidays a year that the unemployed (sorry, job-disadvantaged) seem to be able to get without working whilst many of us slog our guts out to pay the tax to subsidise this scum.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
supaseagull said:
Sorry BMF but you are talking absolute fecking bollocks - Were you actually around in the 80's?

Thatcher was called Regan's poodle for letting the yanks use our airbases for bombing Liya.

Also, try saying that Thatcher was a legend to all those people who had their houses repossessed because interest rates were so high, they couldn't afford to pay their mortgages.

And what are we now? Blair is GWBs "biatch".

And what is happening to house prices at the moment? Houses are still being repossessed, and were being repossessed before Mrs T came on the scene. At least she had the bollocks to tell people to take responsibility for themselves and not expect to be propped up by the rest of us.

Those that criticise Mrs Thatcher do so from the vantage point of history, and tend to be those that do it because every else does, or because they were not able to take advantage of the situation at the time!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
HampshireSeagulls said:
And what are we now? Blair is GWBs "biatch".

And what is happening to house prices at the moment? Houses are still being repossessed, and were being repossessed before Mrs T came on the scene. At least she had the bollocks to tell people to take responsibility for themselves and not expect to be propped up by the rest of us.

Those that criticise Mrs Thatcher do so from the vantage point of history, and tend to be those that do it because every else does, or because they were not able to take advantage of the situation at the time!

:clap:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
HampshireSeagulls said:
Guano farming conscripts? I don't think so. Fact check required.

Race riots instead of muslims making terroristic threats under the protection of the wife of the Prime Minister?

Dole? Only because this government has spun the criteria of what counts as "unemployed" so heavily that it appears that only Mr Dave Wilkins in Birmingham is unemployed, and that's temporary until we can get him on a retraining course.

The only division I can see is the Mercs, Sky TV systems and three holidays a year that the unemployed (sorry, job-disadvantaged) seem to be able to get without working whilst many of us slog our guts out to pay the tax to subsidise this scum.
:clap:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mrs T....

Broke the Unions, that had brought the country to its knees under previous administrations.

Worked with the US as equal partners.

Did not negotiate with Terrorists.

Promoted hard work, helped those that helped themselves...

The Poll Tax was far fairer than the current Council Tax.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
We need to be careful. This thread is coming close to waking up the slumbering "Thatcher Annihilation Brigade". They will be gathering their stories of life in the 80s under the jackboot of Mrs T (even if some of them weren't actually there). I can hear the flapping of a thousand left wings as I type this post.......stand by to be covered, appropriately perhaps, in a couple of tons of Neu Liebour shite dropped from a great height.

finbar

Jul 15, 2003
Hove
HampshireSeagulls said:

Have you any basis of factual evidence whatsoever to back this up? Where exactly do you see this?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
finbar said:
Have you any basis of factual evidence whatsoever to back this up? Where exactly do you see this?

I did a work placement at a primary school. The school was classed as being deeply deprived, with one of the lowest income/employment levels in the UK. Every child "couldn't afford school shoes" but could afford state of the art trainers. They were delievered and collected in various 4x4s, Mercs, BMWs, etc. All the houses had Sky dishes outside, and those that didn't had NTL instead. There were children missing from classes that were "on holiday again". Granted, there were a couple of fathers doing 25 to life for murder, and there were some real strugglers in there, but take a drive around your local council estate or housing association, and have a look. Read the papers, see how much money you can make without having to work but simply reproducing or having "a bad back".

Oh yes, my wife is a Housing Advice Officer for local government with responsibility for Homelessness Prevention.

What facts were you after again?!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You lot should have been listening to TalkSport on Saturday night - loads of people WHINGING about the state of the country right now - no respect for law and order, broken promises, crap NHS yadder yadder yadder.

I did laugh - violent crime is at an all time low, and the NHS is in a far better state than it was before Labour got in.

A few more things - under Thatch, unemployment was nearly 4 million. Even if you think Labour are fiddling the figures, it's never been anything like that! Thatch did NOT break the unions - she broke entire industries. Our manufacturing base is 30% of what is was in the 70s. Way to go Thatch. :D We now have no mining industry and no car industry as a result. And the one union she SHOULD have stood up to was the railway workers - and they continue to take the piss. And the railways are still in a mess, thanks to more failed Tory policies of poorly thought privatisation, lack of investment in infrastructure and the cunning policies of the 80s that encouraged all freight onto the roads.

Yeah Thatch was a legend :jester: Don't forget, you're a loser if you travel on a bus. :jester: And let's not forget, her henchman Tebbit's views on supporting India in the cricket. :jester:

And some of this stuff Hampshire is talking about has been around for YEARS, irrespective of government - the way I see it, we've always had problems with scroungers in this country. But I think you'll find NOT A SINGLE GOVERNMENT has ever done anything about socially irresponsible people - they are the sort of people who blame everyone else for their problems - including politicians. And the reason politicians never do anything about it is that to tell the truth is a vote loser. And the truth is that a large part of society's problems is caused by SHIT PARENTING.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Simster said:
You lot should have been listening to TalkSport on Saturday night - loads of people WHINGING about the state of the country right now - no respect for law and order, broken promises, crap NHS yadder yadder yadder.

I did laugh - violent crime is at an all time low, and the NHS is in a far better state than it was before Labour got in.

A few more things - under Thatch, unemployment was nearly 4 million. Even if you think Labour are fiddling the figures, it's never been anything like that! Thatch did NOT break the unions - she broke entire industries. Our manufacturing base is 30% of what is was in the 70s. Way to go Thatch. :D We now have no mining industry and no car industry as a result. And the one union she SHOULD have stood up to was the railway workers - and they continue to take the piss. And the railways are still in a mess, thanks to more failed Tory policies of poorly thought privatisation, lack of investment in infrastructure and the cunning policies of the 80s that encouraged all freight onto the roads.

Yeah Thatch was a legend :jester: Don't forget, you're a loser if you travel on a bus. :jester: And let's not forget, her henchman Tebbit's views on supporting India in the cricket. :jester:

And some of this stuff Hampshire is talking about has been around for YEARS, irrespective of government - the way I see it, we've always had problems with scroungers in this country. But I think you'll find NOT A SINGLE GOVERNMENT has ever done anything about socially irresponsible people - they are the sort of people who blame everyone else for their problems - including politicians. And the reason politicians never do anything about it is that to tell the truth is a vote loser. And the truth is that a large part of society's problems is caused by SHIT PARENTING.

Good post

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As well as all that, the Tories WERE negotiating with terrorists virtually the whole time. It's madness not to. It's also sometimes madness to admit that you are - there are enough of the gullible around who'll admire your tough stance, even if it's a pack of lies.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
As well as all that, the Tories WERE negotiating with terrorists virtually the whole time. It's madness not to. It's also sometimes madness to admit that you are - there are enough of the gullible around who'll admire your tough stance, even if it's a pack of lies.
To Major's credit, he DID talk to the IRA. Thatch always made a point of saying how she didn't negotiate with Terrorists (which to me appears to be a dangerous game to play when your opponents are prepared to maim families out doing their Christmas shopping)

In fact, it annoyed me that Thatch didn't harness the fact that Ken Livingston WAS talking to the PIRA. She could have secretly found out what room there was for manoevre by using him as a middle man, but instead chose to make political capital out of the renegade COMMIE and his "appalling" decision to actually TALK to these people. :nono:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
The bottom line is Maggie said, if you want to help yourself, we'll help you.
If you want the state to look after you, then get f***ed!!

And good for her. Why should tax payers pay for single mothers to be housed, fed and cared for? How many people do you know have kids, no job or a few hours a week, "so I can keep me giro".
Why should people that work pay for these people.

Benifits should be paid only to those who can't help themseleves, like the Elderly, disabilied, and the like. Not youngsters who can't keep their cock in their trousers or their legs together.

The sooner Labour f*** off the better.

That is all.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Burns said:
The bottom line is Maggie said, if you want to help yourself, we'll help you.
If you want the state to look after you, then get f***ed!!

And good for her. Why should tax payers pay for single mothers to be housed, fed and cared for? How many people do you know have kids, no job or a few hours a week, "so I can keep me giro".
Why should people that work pay for these people.

Benifits should be paid only to those who can't help themseleves, like the Elderly, disabilied, and the like. Not youngsters who can't keep their cock in their trousers or their legs together.

The sooner Labour f*** off the better.

That is all.
But under Thatch, we had massive unemployment, so shelled out BILLIONS in unemployment benefit - basically, that's how she pissed away our oil money. Yet in addition to this, she decided to save money by closing mental hospitals and old peoples homes all over the shop. And let's not talk about the education budget or the fact that under the Tories, these 16 year old mothers were treated no differently to the way they are today.

To be honest, reading some of the misinformed pro-tory bollocks on here makes me tempted to vote Labour again, something I really don't want to do.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Simster said:

To be honest, reading some of the misinformed pro-tory bollocks on here makes me tempted to vote Labour again, something I really don't want to do.

vote SEAGULLS you GOON

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Man of Harveys said:
As well as all that, the Tories WERE negotiating with terrorists virtually the whole time.

They may be terrorists, but I believe it's more PC to refer to them by their real name: Republicans.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Trufflehound said:
They may be terrorists, but I believe it's more PC to refer to them by their real name: Republicans.

Only one side? Aren't we forgetting the Loyalists?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To address Cameron again I've been more than amused that Tories continually point out that all Labour do is 'spin' and that they are all style and no substance........then yesterday Cameron changed his outfit no less than 4 times in one morning.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire if he gets in I fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here