Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coast - BBC 2 @ 20:00 hrs

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I LOVE this show. Never know when it's on, consciously, always stumble upon it when idly flicking through the channels. But always stop and watch. The main presenter, belligerent cross between Baldrick and Begbie and his bevy of - obviously - fit young lady friends he's promised a career in telly, and old crusty ex-lecturers always manage to let you into a fact you never knew before, and yeah! it's as classic a show in it's own way as bigger budget Blue Peter Planet Earth or whatever. Oh, and you can send off for the OU fact pack. FACT.

Gotta LOVE that show :love:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is awesome :bowdown: :bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dover said:
The fantastic shot of the Lifeboat was breathtaking.

Great design to self-right itself.

Interesting about that jewelry Queen Victoria made famous.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think it bypassess brighton, does hastings though ...oh and Brooklands pleasure park in Worthing

:lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
They don't seem to be going in any particular order this time. I'm sure the Welsh one was on before the cornish one.

And I preferred Nicholas Crane to 'Desmond out of Lost'.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love watching Coast.

That, and Planet Earth.

I must be getting cultured in my old age

:)

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Last night, the excellent Scotsman was in great, unparalledly morbid form, even when talking about lifeboats rather than his favoured ghosties "and awn dark neets, villagers sae ye can hear tha FESHERMEN of Auchnaughtauchtenessylough SCREAMING" schtick.

"It must be TOUGH oot here in high seas, just yerselves in a wee boat!"
"Oi, that it be"
"It's just one of these WEE BOATS between yerself and OBLIVION!!"
"Ar, they be good boats, mind"

The man's a legend and I think the programme makers know it - he seems more prominent than that geek who walks everywhere this time round.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Beach Hut said:
Interesting about that jewelry Queen Victoria made famous.

Interesting how they banged on about the importance of good quality jet being black, then they slagged off the Czech stuff as inferior quality because it was "too black"...

:glare:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
Interesting how they banged on about the importance of good quality jet being black, then they slagged off the Czech stuff as inferior quality because it was "too black"...

:glare:
"I think the question here is...it's like - how much more black could it be? And the answer is none...none more black""

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't miss it folks - Scottish Isles and very interesting

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tom Hark said:
'Someone round here has found an entire lost GOLF COURSE' :ohmy:

Amazing isn't it as for the Whisky Galore :lolol:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Superb tonight.

Scotland has some of the finest scenery in the world. If it had warm weather it would probably be as popular as Spain for beach holidays!

I worked on boats all round the coast of Scotland for a few years. Heading between the Islands on a bright clear morning was incredible. Shame about the Scottish though! That wind-farm looks horrific btw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Timbo said:
Superb tonight.

Scotland has some of the finest scenery in the world. If it had warm weather it would probably be as popular as Spain for beach holidays!

I worked on boats all round the coast of Scotland for a few years. Heading between the Islands on a bright clear morning was incredible. Shame about the Scottish though! That wind-farm looks horrific btw.

Astounding stone circle. 5,000 years old :ohmy:

And London next week. Might take a bit of doing to teach us something new there, tho I'm sure Begbie-Baldrick and his harem of fit young assistantes will come up trumps once again :bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That wind farm was bloody awful, sustainable energy for them yes but I can fully see their point against mass production as it would spoil the island.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here