Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coaching staff and finances

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ernest said:
Why did Magoo get the job ? Because he was cheap and promised he wouldn't spend any cash.
If Dowie had got the job we would have been promoted but no he preferred a decent chairman like Simon Jordan.

Ernest in case you hadn't noticed, we DID GET Promoted!!

I suggest you go and get your Smellhurst season ticket sorted out

:wave: :wave:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:
Sorry, have I missed something? I thought we DID get promoted.

Ernest, I'm sure most of what you write is a joke but seriously, the joke is wearing just a little thin now. It's boring.

Steve, can you take him over to Nsp so we don't have to put up with him any longer? ;)

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sorry but at the moment if we DON'T sign
some decent proven 1st div (championship)
players we are goonered.
My gripe with knighty is he keeps handing
out contracts to players who would struggle in
the 2nd division..and we now the reason is
to keep it cheap !!!!!!!!!!

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Trotster said:
To be fair to Kilo - he is also a scout as well as a coach, and i think he will do a fantastic job
I wasn't having a go at JK, but do we really need 6 full-time coaching staff when it appears we haven't got enough money to sign players?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ive never really understood peoples problem with nepotism (sp?) - as long as the person is qualified or experinced for the job i dont care if they're a nephew, niece, cousin, daughter or whatever.

anyway back to the Coaching staff issue, its only a luxury if they do nothing. I bet they're on sensible salaries, and i suspect go off to scout when nothings doing with the reserves. You might have fogotten but the reason why we dont sign anyoine is because we are SKINT.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ernest said:
Manager - Mark Knight
Assistant - Bob Knight
Coach - Dean Knight
Chief Executive - Martin Knight

do I have to go on ?

I have heard Beverly Knight has been employed at Withdean to sing at Half time!!

May be some truth in this!! Baron Knights will be next!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isnt one of the commercial department, which must be one of the worst in any business a relative?

Any large company would have sacked our commercial department before now and installed somebody more efficient.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
There was a rumour a few weeks ago, that a coach over in Australia by the name of Mike Hickman, who has worked with McGhee before at Reading & Wolves, was coming over to join up with McGhee again.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Steve, can you take him over to Nsp so we don't have to put up with him any longer? ;)

I did start "can we have Ernest?" campaign but i was the only one to reply....somehow!

Just chuck him on ignore as he's getting too tedious.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Isnt one of the commercial department, which must be one of the worst in any business a relative?

Any large company would have sacked our commercial department before now and installed somebody more efficient.

Is this the same commercial department that for once pulled its finger out of its arse in the run up to the Cardiff final, which meant that for once the club shop was stocked to the rafters with Play-off gear, resulting in being incredibly busy and very profitable?

I'm no fan of Knight or much that goes on (or doesn't!) in the club behind the scenes but credit where credit is due with the effort made by the Commercial Dept in the week/s leading up to Cardiff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here